PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Visiting tradesman -your responsibility?

Options

Comments

• Tygermoth
    Tygermoth Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 April 2018 at 8:08PM
    Options
    AAAGH! i've been ignoring all the knocking this afternoon but my opposite neighbour managed to catch my eye while i was in the utility and motion to me to come out - she's been knocking to try and let me know he's only gone and spray painted no parking on my side wall!!
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Report vandalism / criminal damage to the police.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Tygermoth wrote: »
    AAAGH! i've been ignoring all the knocking this afternoon but my opposite neighbour managed to catch my eye while i was in the utility and motion to me to come out - she's been knocking to try and let me know he's only gone and spray painted no parking on my side wall!!

I'd say that's a very clear cut case of graffiti for which he should be prosecuted. Call the police in the morning.
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I hope your call with the police was called ahead of him damaging your wall.

I think you should be suggesting the police take this seriously from know on.

Your neighbours have witnessed his repeated efforts to harass you.

Are you keeping a lot of dates, times and how many times he knocks etc?
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Couple of no parking cones should do the trick, surely?

I do hope neither you nor he are planning to sell any time soon, because this will have to be declared as a neighbour dispute.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Riggyman
    Riggyman Posts: 185 Forumite
    Options
    Take out a contract on him. £500-£1000. Job done.
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well that escalated quickly! Did your neighbour witness it?
  • Tygermoth
    Tygermoth Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The police refused to come out citing a 'civil dispute'

I argued that was not the case especially with the knocking and bell ringing when he knows it's not us. They still didn't come out but i did get a call back from one of the ladies as they had called and spoken to him.

Apparently he didn't spray paint my wall.

"It was a random act of kindness from someone how has obviously seen what's been going on with the parking in the lane" he doesn't condone it but can see why they might have done it.

*fuming*
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Haven't you a phone or other device on which to to record the next bout of harrassment?

That's if you paint your wall to remove the graffiti, because he's bound to bounce back again if you do.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can get special stuff to clean graffiti off, plus anti-graffiti paint to go on afterwards. There is an inexpensive one here.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport