IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!

Options

Comments

• mixedpickle
    mixedpickle Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    A retailer told UKPC to cancel a £100 'charge':

Write to your MP as well as Mrs May. Here's a template if you are wondering what to write:

url..

Hi Coupon-Mad would you be able to post this link again? doesn't seem to work
  • squeeble
    Options
    Thought I'd post my success here as well, as it's down to all the advice from various threads.

I'd been to my local Cineworld which is on a leisure park site, and I'd seen two films back to back (unlimited card). I hadn't realised in my excitement to see the film that the site only allows 4 hours free parking, unless you are going to the cinema or bowling when there are apparently terminals to put your reg in to extend it. There are no signs in the cinema to say this and at no point did any staff mention it even when I said I was going back in for another film.

Anyhoo, it is my own fault, but Euro Car Parks rejected my appeal, but complaining directly to the Cineworld via their FB messenger initially did the job, and they've had it cancelled for me and I now also know where the parking terminals are so it doesn't happen again! Hopefully I have the same success with one I got a week later from ParkingEye.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well done @squeeble. I love to see 'Posts Count = 1' and that post confirming forum advice has been followed successfully and PCN cancelled/defeated.

A far cry from 'do I post or email?', first or second class mail?', 'they want name and address, do I give it?', 'the sticky says no additions to the template, is it ok to add this .......?. Thread posts count up to 180+, and still no initial appeal yet sent!

Great stuff @squeeble. :T
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 May 2018 at 10:18PM
    Options
    QUOTE=mixedpickle;74251604 - QUOTE=Coupon-mad;71476085 -

A retailer told UKPC to cancel a £100 'charge':

Write to your MP as well as Mrs May. Here's a template if you are wondering what to write:

url..

Hi Coupon-Mad would you be able to post this link again? doesn't seem to work
    Which post was it (post number?). I can't find it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Which post was it (post number?). I can't find it.

This appears to be the post mixedpickle was quoting from:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211923909-Why-not-write-to-your-MP
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Oh that's not there anymore. Maybe a similar version is hosted on PADI.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I hate to go off topic but the acronym PADI isn't good. It's also the worlds largest scuba diving association. Google will not be your friend if you put in PADI.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    True, you do have to search for it:

http://www.parkingappeals.info/

Still a work in progress though. Some tabs not yet working.
  • Jackiekaren
    Jackiekaren Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 2 June 2018 at 9:22PM
    Options
    Hello everyone

I'm getting a bit lost in the forums (I've not used it for a long time) and trying to find the latest advice for dealing with the above. I suspect I have already blown my chances.

I overstayed my parking for Lidl, but was in Lidl for the whole time. I didn't see the signs stating a 90 min limit. I wrote to Lidl on Facebook who told me I could only appeal directly to Athena.

I've just submitted my appeal and been completely honest, but stated I felt the charge was harsh when I had done a big shop and been in Lidl for the whole time. Annoyingly, the rubbish was collected prior to the charge coming in, so I no longer have my receipt. I have attached a copy of my online bank account.

What might my chances be if I've now owned up but appealed to their good nature (!) in that I didn't shop elsewhere and and spent the whole time in Lidl.

I'm so annoyed that the fine is bigger than my shopping bill. It looks like I will have no joy writing to the CEO?

Thanks in advance

Jackie

EDIT: Ignore the title, it was Lidl not ALDI!
    My mantra is simple: If I don't help myself first, I shouldn't expect it from others. If I don't like something, I will change it. If I can't change it, I will learn to deal with it.

I accept responsibility for my own actions and my own situation. A sense of entitlement is not healthy and will only lead to consistent disappointment.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Complain directly to Lidl's CEO (Christian Haertnagel). Do not go near their Customer Services as they will fob you off and you'll be in no better a situation than you are at the moment.

Read this recent thread.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74215619
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure