PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Wednesday 16th May 2018

Options

Comments

• snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TA, sorry you haven't got t the bottom of what is wrong yet, I hope you have a lovely time tonight.

I lost yesterday as I was feeling so sore and tired I did nothing, we even has a takeaway for dinner which we haven't done for ages. I'm feeling cross with myself because it hasn't helped, I'm still very achey - I've been like this since my fall last week, so although I didn't do anything too nasty the jarring and shock of the fall seems to have set off a flare up.

We're taking Ziggy back this morning, we'll miss her a lot but we'll be able to go away this weekend without any worries.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Grey and damp here but good for the garden :)

Lu went out on her summer paddock for the first time yesterday so had a bit of a food baby when I went over later, she is well monitored when I’m not there but I did have a bad dream last night about her getting colic, it happened once with darling Bill and never want to go through that again!
    Mehefin when I started thinking about getting another horse last year I had three main conditions, had to be a gelding, at least 8 years old and preferably a dark bay so what did I end up with...... a 5 year old grey mare :rotfl: BUT she has a fantastic character and that’s one thing you can’t teach so she’ll do for me,
    Not a lot planned for today, the deep clean of the kitchen on Monday has sort of put me off housework for the time being so am thinking perhaps a long walk with small dog.

Ouch MrsSD, hope you feel better soon.
    Enjoy Cornwall Csarina and hope the sun shines for you.
    Hugs to all with worries and cares, take care folks x
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Another lovely day in Glasgow. Not a cloud to be seen!

Last night I done what I set out to do and smashed all my housework. Spotless.

Been to the gym this morning and I've got football tonight. Nothing much else planned.

Right need to dash. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    Thanks for the thread Holly, hugs to all in need especially the TAs.
    I managed to get a lie in this morning, it was 7:20 when I got out of bed, I'll be up at 5 tomorrow for childcare and next week as CHS is on the early shift.
    Plans for today include boatwork, it's like housework but takes less time!
    CHS to work at 1 then collected about 10. I may recover the lid of my sewing box/footstool as it is very grubby, I'll use oilcloth this time.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • MoneySavingEmma
    Options
    Morning,

Overcast here today. Not a problem really as I'll be inside at work for most of it. My car is having its MOT today too so fingers crossed.

Sausages last night were very good, I had a sweet potato mash and some veg with them so I'm taking that as a healthy meal :p Lasagne tonight I think, one of my favourites.

TAs - sorry you did not get any answers yesterday. I hope you both manage to enjoy the service later. You are in my thoughts a lot. x

Holly - what a wonderful day out. For my birthday a couple of years ago all I asked for was fish and chips at the seaside followed by an ice cream. It was such a lovely day :o Hope all goes well with the home visit today.

JackieO - congrats on the win, I do love a good pub quiz :T Hope you have a nice time celebrating and reminiscing tonight with your family

Better go and do what I'm actually paid for now :rotfl:
    Have a good day all
    Emma
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning chums :wave:

Holly that sounds like a perfect day but the big question is did you you get me some rock :D Hope today goes well and they can start to put your mind at rest about your house.
    TA hope the review goes well today you must be sick of the sight of doctors by now. Enjoy the confirmation tonight. Thinking about you x
    Jackiemum Thats some stack of wine you've won now we will be seeing you on Eggheads next ;)
    snoozer hope you feel better today don't overdo it
    Mrs SD sounds painful take care today
    csarina Your holiday sounds lovely and the weather is set to be kind to you too :) Enjoy

Shopping with mum was higher on the stress scale than normal she really seems to be going downhill quickly now mentally. Her short term memory is shot to bits and she keeps asking me the same questions over and over problem is she totally refuses to see a doctor and just claims its all because of age. That may well be true but I wish she would get it checked out at the very least. I do long to be one of those calm patient people but this is driving me nuts and makes for a very stressful day :(

Today I want to catch up on some work plans and at the moment the sun isn't shining so I have no excuse. Need to eat from the fridge tonight as there are a lot of salad and veg bits need eating up may have a ploughmans I think minus the apple as none in.

Hope you all have as good a day as you can :A
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Cool and grey today after a beautiful one yesterday. I popped into town after my hairdresser had been and cut nearly 4 months growth off,looks much better :D. I wanted to look at swimming costumes as we are going away at the weekend for SisILs birthday and the hotel has a pool.Bit shocked at the prices :eek: but didnt see one I liked so it'll have to be my trusty black one.I did see a dress I liked in marks but they didnt have my size in that colour so tried a different colour that didnt do much for me ;).Looked online when I got home and every size is out of stock in all colours :(.I got a couple of tops and shorts for DGD to take as well & SisILs gift card.Also got some solar lights for the revamped garden bit from a pound shop,which looked lovely last night

Had an extra one for tea last night.DS1s mate has moved into a shared house and doesnt yet trust his parcels to be delivered there so they're coming here - he called on his way home from work and got fed too.He doesn't have any family nearby and thinks our 2 are very lucky,bless.him.

I'm not going out today apartfrom picking DGS up from nursery school,need to do some ironing.With making the most of the weather it has proliferated.Tea will be a freezer rummage.

TA sorry Mr TA is still feeling bad,hope someone can sort him out soon.Enjoy DGDs service tonight.
    Snoozer hope you feel better soon,and DDs appointment goes well.
    Holly,what a lovely day you had.
    Better get going,hope you all have the best day you can xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    :hello: everyone,

Thanks for starting us off Holly & so happy that you had such a lovely day :)

Thank you all for your kind wishes :T. My eye is practically closed now & couldn’t get an appointment at the drs until tomorrow:( However tmi coming up - couldn’t brush my teeth this a.m. so gargled & rinsed with Lister*ne & had the pleasure of seeing clots in the sink & so far today no pain - I said it was tmi :rotfl:

DB & DH are off in the van delivering furniture to various places :) When they return we will be loading up the van for tomorrow’s trip to DNeph. So DSis & I will be boxing up his stuff while the wm is doing a last load as he is having that :rotfl:
    I need carrots to add to my version of a lamb stew.

Have a good day everyone

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Nelski is it worth ringing her surgery to voice your concerns, and asking if they have any check-up she could be invited to?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 May 2018 at 12:19PM
    Options
    We are back from the surgery and I just feel totally at rock bottom and wonder how many more illnesses can floor Mr TA and how many more I can cope with. This inability to digest food and get it past the stomach is called Gastroparesis and there is no guaranteed cure. It is caused by nerve and muscle damage which happens for no apparent reason. There are various treatments which apparently are worse than living with the problem and only have a small degree of success. They may have to be considered So yet another debilitating illness to "live" with.
    I can't but help thinking they must all be interconnected somehow but the medics say not and he is just damned unfortunate. That is an understatement to say the least!

Meanwhile the doctor has prescribed nutritional drinks and shakes. But not the fruity syrupy ones he hated first time round. And to continue with the limited food options he can digest. So there we have it. Life isn't a lot of fun just now. And just to round the week off nicely we have the Leeds trip tomorrow for his Oncology appointment.

Sorry for the moan but I just needed to get it off my chest and hate offloading my worries and woes to the kids - even though they are in their 40's I don't like upsetting them.

Hope you are all having a better day and take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure