IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Scs law lbc by ukpc

Hi all, thanks for all your threads and peace of mind. I have read the NEWBIES thread and I understood them well most of them anyway.

Why I am starting this thread is because I haven't read anything on hospital car parks. A LBC was received from SCS LAW on behalf of UKPC who in turn is working for a hospital. As staff of the hospital, we pay, monthly, quarterly or yearly on parking and were issued with parking permits. However, half of the time there were never enough spaces therefore parking anywhere posiible in order not to be late for shifts. Each time this happened, ukpc would issue tickets on the screen before the end of the shift. Now a letter has arrived asking for over £800. :eek::eek:

These cowboys rogue are so heartless, on one of the days, ticket office was shut due to staff shortage, a letter was left on the screen explaining this, but a ticket was still left anyway.:mad::mad:
Another occasion, a courtesy car was used and a message was left with own car reg number with explanation that the permit was forgotten in own car and car at garage for Service, a ticket was still issued anyway. :eek:
3rd and most crazy one. The car was left on same spot for 2 days. 1st day, ticket was issued, 2nd day another ticket was issued and the 1st ticket was on the ground......... how did that happen????? Guessed the parking attendant took it off and issued a new one :mad:
We use to laugh about these in the coffee room saying how rogue and crazy they are not knowing it's still coming to take a big chunk out of our backsides ;);)
It was learnt that the amount of tickets they issue the more commission they get....... that is disgusting!!!!
A complaint will be made to the trust and a reply would be drafted and posted here for a proof read and help.......
Thanks guys!!!:beer::beer:

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Lots on here about staff parking cases at hospitals. Please use the search facility to gen up on previous examples and existing advice while waiting for replies.

But it can escalate to court with devastating consequences.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/nhs-nurse-hospital-parking-tickets-university-hospital-of-wales-cardiff-indigo-park-services-150000-a7845126.html
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You need to involve your Trade Union. Get the Press involved. Write and complain to your MP and ask for his/her support for local nursing staff.

Watch this when you get some spare time - copy the link to your MP and ask that he/she has a look at it too.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

PS - please spare us the emoji shower in any subsequent posts!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I haven't read anything on hospital car parks.
    Search the forum for UKPC Hospital or NHS Memorandum Hospital to see what the actual Govt policy is.
    A LBC was received from SCS LAW on behalf of UKPC
    Does it refer only to 3 PCNs, and does it give you 30 days to respond & does it enclose reply forms?

As staff of the hospital, we pay, monthly, quarterly or yearly on parking and were issued with parking permits. However, half of the time there were never enough spaces therefore parking anywhere possible in order not to be late for shifts. Each time this happened, ukpc would issue tickets on the screen before the end of the shift. Now a letter has arrived asking for over £800.
    Beware, read the awful situation regarding the UHW Nurses case heard last year:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/nhs-nurse-hospital-parking-tickets-university-hospital-of-wales-cardiff-indigo-park-services-150000-a7845126.html

...the transcripts for which, sadly and for whatever reason, the Parking Prankster has not hosted in his case law pages - along with Link v Blaney which is also conspicuous by its absence, despite a transcript being in the public domain of that lost case, too - but this forum has the transcript of the UHW nurses case posted by bargepole, for you to read:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5728064
    These cowboys rogue are so heartless, on one of the days, ticket office was shut due to staff shortage, a letter was left on the screen explaining this, but a ticket was still left anyway.
    Another occasion, a courtesy car was used and a message was left with own car reg number with explanation that the permit was forgotten in own car and car at garage for Service, a ticket was still issued anyway.
    3rd and most crazy one. The car was left on same spot for 2 days. 1st day, ticket was issued, 2nd day another ticket was issued and the 1st ticket was on the ground......... how did that happen????? Guessed the parking attendant took it off and issued a new one
    All of the above give you a defence and we will help you.

As for replying to SCS Law, search the forum for Dear SCS yours faithfully and adapt one!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Honey-Dee
    Honey-Dee Posts: 83 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    OMG Guys dad this is so scary!!! I am definitely going to be involving my union. How could a judge do this??? It's so unrealistic nurse's salary starts at 21k/annum! How do you order someone to pay more than their annual salary in parking fine!!
    Sorry about the emojis....... just nerves.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    We know.

But this is beatable and SCS Law/UKPC cases are not as strong as Indigo who threw a lot of weight at it.

We have beaten lots of UKPC cases before. Loads of times.

And the defendants were disadvantaged for reasons I will not go into, but no doubt you read what happened and who reportedly said and did what, as per the transcripts in the public domain.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Honey-Dee
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    You need to involve your Trade Union. Get the Press involved. Write and complain to your MP and ask for his/her support for local nursing staff.

Watch this when you get some spare time - copy the link to your MP and ask that he/she has a look at it too.

PS - please spare us the emoji shower in any subsequent posts!

Ok, I will inform my union and write to my MP.
    Sorry about the emoji....... nerves I guessed. I'll watch the link once i have time. Thank you again.
  • Honey-Dee
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    We know.

But this is beatable and SCS Law/UKPC cases are not as strong as Indigo who threw a lot of weight at it.

We have beaten lots of UKPC cases before. Loads of times.

And the defendants were disadvantaged for reasons I will not go into, but no doubt you read what happened and who reportedly said and did what, as per the transcripts in the public domain.

The PCNs are for 6 tickets and yes they gave me 30 days to relpy with some templates forms included in there letter, which I will definitely not be using having read what's written on here. They were all from 2 years ago. I completely forgotten about them and I have discarded all my evidence just this Christmas gone when de-cluttering the house. I went back to the trust today to get proof of all my payments and as usual cashier/tickets office was closed only this time no message as to why! It was meant to be opened till 3:30pm and I got there 12:55pm to find all doors and windows shut. I will try again tomorrow morning.
    I will start on my reply tonight.
    Thanks all.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    OMG Guys dad this is so scary!!! I am definitely going to be involving my union. How could a judge do this??? It's so unrealistic nurse's salary starts at 21k/annum! How do you order someone to pay more than their annual salary in parking fine!!
    Sorry about the emojis....... just nerves.

In a way, you need to put your medical hat on and pass it on to your colleagues.

By that, you will know full well that you need to deal medical conditions at the earliest opportunity and not ignore them till they become really serious.

The same applies to parking matters. Now some PPCs, like medical conditions, are pretty harmless and we know which ones these are and the Newbies Blue template pill will sort it out, but others are seriously dangerous and don't go away, so putting them to the back of your mind won't produce a cure.
  • Honey-Dee
    Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter of ***** With reference number *******

The Letter Before Claim has been received, However, your letter contains insufficient detail of the claim and fails to provide any photographic evidence. It does not even say what the cause of action is. Nor does it contain any mention of what evidence your client intends to rely on, or enclose copies of such evidence.

This action on the part of your client is a clear breach of its pre-action obligations set out in the Practice Direction - Pre-Action Conduct, with which as solicitors you must surely be familiar (and with which your client, a serial litigator of small claims, must also be familiar). As you (and your client) must know, the Practice Direction binds all potential litigants, whatever the size or type of the claim. Its express purpose is to assist parties in understanding the claim and their respective positions in relation to it, to enable parties to take stock of their positions and to negotiate a settlement, or at least narrow the issues, without incurring the costs of court proceedings or using up valuable court time.

Nobody, including your client, is immune from the requirements and obligations of the Practice Direction. I therefore, require your client to comply with its obligations by sending me the following information/documents:

1. an explanation of the cause of action
    2. whether they are pursuing me as driver or keeper
    3. whether they are relying on the provisions of Schedule 4 of POFA 2012
    4. what the details of the claim are (where it is claimed the car was parked, for how long, how the monies being claimed arose and have been calculated, what contractual breach (if any) is being claimed)
    5. a copy of the contract with the landowner (that is the ********* hospital) under which they assert authority to bring the claim
    6. a copy of any alleged contract with the driver
    7. a plan showing where any signs were displayed
    8. details of the signs displayed (size of sign, size of font, height at which displayed)
    9. the extra charge that have added on to the original charge, what that represents and how it has been calculated.

I am clearly entitled to this information under paragraphs 6(a) and 6(c) of the Practice Direction. I also need it in order to comply with my own obligations under paragraph 6(b).

If your client does not provide me with this information then I put you on notice that I will be relying on the cases of Webb Resolutions Ltd v Waller Needham & Green [2012] EWHC 3529 (Ch), Daejan Investments Limited v The Park West Club Limited (Part 20) !!!8211; Buxton Associates [2003] EWHC 2872, Charles Church Developments Ltd v Stent Foundations Limited & Peter Dann Limited [2007] EWHC 855 in asking the court to impose sanctions on your client and to order a stay of the proceedings, pursuant to paragraphs 13 ,15(b) and (c) and 16. I will draw to the court the fact that I have expressly requested this information.

Until your client has complied with its obligations and provided this information, I am unable to respond properly to the alleged claim and to consider my position in relation to it, and it is entirely premature (and a waste of costs and court time) for your client to issue proceedings. Should your client do so, then I will seek an immediate stay pursuant to paragraph 15(b) of the Practice Direction and an order that this information is provided.

Yours Faithfully,

NB: I removed the part that stated that I have previously asked their client to provide proofs as I never did.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure