Cross Stitch Cafe - stitching out of 2012 and into 2013...

Comments

• Flat_Eric wrote: »
    Yay - shiney new thread :j thanks chicky :j:D

Didn't manage any stitching last night (ended up watching One Day (very good film - now going to read the book)

I love reading the book and then watching the film to see if what I pictured the people like is what they are really like...Haven't heard of One Day, what is it about.

Have read all three of The Hunger Games and watched it on Thursday night, it was a very good read and an even better film.
    ;)I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY;)
  • well on your recomendations we watched 'one day' tonight too. it was actually very watchable. so thanks all.

caroline it's basically girl meets bloke, girl falls in love with bloke (and vice versa), neither gives into this love until it's nearly too late, and they all do not live happily every after. tis worth watching.

I've got all the text of 'if' finished but think i will have to make up the border another day. and still need to re-do the first 'if''.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • evening all, got quite a bit done tonight hope to have it finished in the next week fingers crossed

louise- can you do me a link to your frame please and thank you
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Got my Christmas Stitch finished!! :j

It's the Faye Whittaker one from CSC - I changed it a smidge - made the little girls hair longer and straighter so it looks more like DD and I changed the shoes from red to blue (Red shoes with a blue and white dress? C'mon!) :rotfl:

I need to find a red frame to put it in now :)

September2012047.jpg
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • *Louise*

louise- can you do me a link to your frame please and thank you

This one?

http://www.sewandso.co.uk/Products/Plastic-TableLap-Frame---Small__RAR-Small-spc-Table-fslsh-Lap.aspx

Glad to hear you are spending your money on yourself :T:T
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • *Louise*
    caroline78 wrote: »

Have read all three of The Hunger Games and watched it on Thursday night, it was a very good read and an even better film.

Hubby and I saw it on hols in April, I got the 3 books on the kindle and LOVED them, then DS1 read them all as well. Bought the books for my neice's birthday (after my sister had a little panic about her being too young lol) and the DVD for us - we watched it tonight, it's a really good film. Not as detailed as the book but films never can be, but at least it stayed pretty close :)
  • Thanka Louise, wanted to make sure I get the right one
    Love your Xmas stitch, wonder what made the designer do red shoes!

Does anyone get cross stitcher? Brought 2 issue and I love it think it might be my new mag from now on, in each issues patterns there is about 95% I like
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    caroline78 wrote: »
    I love reading the book and then watching the film to see if what I pictured the people like is what they are really like...Haven't heard of One Day, what is it about.

One Day follows the lives of Emma and Dexter. They meet on their graduation night. The film (and book) then revisit them every year on the 15th July and we catch up to see what they are both up to. I would recommend watching it but make sure you have a box of tissues nearby because I didn't even get to the end and I was crying!

Ok so its the battle of the shops v the cross stitch today!
  • brednall
    brednall Posts: 572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all

A shiny new thread. I bet it will fill up very quickly

Does anyone know the cheapest place for blank coasters? The ones on fleababy are all the same shape and I could do with some round and some square. The best option I have found is Sewandso with the 5% newsletter discount.

Looking forward to seeing everyones latest updates. I finished another coaster and a keyring yesterday. Please all send positive thoughts my way in two weeks time that I actually sell some of my hard work!!

Emma
    Baby daughter born Jan 10
    Baby son born June 11
  • Flippin 'eck I go AWOL for a few days and you fill up the 2012 thread and start a shiny new one without me:p

Still got loads to catch up on but first of all I wanted to post quickly that I have one spare complimentary ticket for the ICHF Creative Stitches and Hobbycraft Show at Event City (ner the Trafford Centre) in MANCHESTER linky to the details Ticket is valid any day (Thurs to Sat). I'm going with a gang of stitching and crafting buddies and one person has had to drop out at the last minute. No one else we know who both wants to and can go needs the ticket. So if anyone would like it PM me your address and I'll post it to you.

If you only like cross stitch there may not be enough for you though Black Sheep, Craft Lines and Trudy Anne are exhibiting and between them will have a good selection of kits and patterns. But for anyone like me who also does other crafts it is a good day out. I like to do at least 1 workshop and I'm hoping to be able to try a Sissiz machine for die cutting fabric pieces for applique as there is usually at least one stand with these on sale.

So hope someone can use it - first come first served of course:)

Just managed to get 2 loads of washing out to dry and number 3 is in the machine so hoping to do a bit of stitching in the sunlight. I will post some updates but the Paralympics have been getting in the way of my stitching - can only stitch during the interviews and the ad breaks (mind you there are loads of those:eek:). Have a happy stitchy Sunday everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure