Thrifty Gifty - Organised for Christmas and all ocassions 2009- Santas Challenges

Options

Comments

• mary-op
    mary-op Posts: 3,605 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all.
    Been to boot fair - not very inspiring................got a rug for the kitchen and some christmas decs. for grandson to hang up - santa head, rudolph and snowman.

Now have to think what to do with the little jars neighbour gave me, plus cover a little box -also from neighbour. Two coasters left to do something with...........and some mini post it notes that could be used up on key rings ..............don't know quite where to start :confused:
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
  • irishgirl62
    Options
    Mary, what about making jars of nothing?
    I am determined to lose weight!:kisses3:
    Weight loss so far 2 stones 6lbs!! :j:j
  • mary-op
    Options
    sarah - if they were really small jars then I might but then there's only a few people I know who'd appreciate somethin like that. Only things I can think of are retro sweets sort of layered :confused:

Just finished covered kitchen roll middles with pretty paper for the Name on Mars certificates for grandchildren............printed out a bit of info on it as well so they don't think I'm completely bonkers :rotfl:
    Just got the tags to put on..................not done much off my list of stuff to do today have I. Oh well, maybe tomorrow will be more productive.
    Want to nip down town to get some more cheap diaries and cover them so they co-ordinate with my post it note key rings...............oh lor..........there was something else I was going to get and I've forgotten what it was................lol:rotfl:

• Pips_Mum
    Pips_Mum Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 September 2009 at 5:05PM
    Options
    Mary - I used Pips baby food jars to make pretty little tealight holders. I just used a marker pen and some leftover nailvarnishes. I made some flower ones for a friend for Christmas and some halloween ones for me.

Going on holiday tomorrow so hoping to get a bit of cross stitching done and tie up a few UFOs that I have!
    Debt at LBM [strike]£17,544[/strike] :eek: £5700
    :TOver £14,000 PAID OFF :T

2020 the year of less - Less debt, less waste, less spending, less stuff, less stress!
  • irishgirl62
    Options
    here is an idea for a jar, its mothers day themed but it can be changed to a xmas theme

http://bubblyfunk.typepad.com/bubbly_scrumptious/mothers-day-jar.html
  • mary-op
    Options
    pipsmum and irishgirl - thanks for those.........might have a go at both. Think I may still have some glass paints in the drawer............if I can find them under everything else..............lol:rotfl:

(I did pots of gold last year for just about everyone otherwise that would have been a first choice.)

• NickyBo_2
    Options
    I'm feeling pleased wsith myself, I just made my first Christmas present of the year :)
    It's for my Mum. I have covered a notebook in green felt and sewn on letter beads spelling out 'Car Boot'. Under the words I have attached a big fabric flower.
    I'm so pleased with it and I know my Mum will love it. She is a car boot addict. Friends and family always ask her to look out for things for them, so I thought a notebook would be good for keeping a check of all the requests she gets :)

I've also had an idea for a little gift for my brother. He loves the Millions sweets but can never find them in shops, so I always buy him a bag on special occassions. At the market the other week I found a sweet stall selling Millions so I got a big bag full. I'm going to make a label for an old glass jar and fill it with the Millions. I think I'll cover the lid as well. Ohh, I can't wait to make it now :)
    Making money for Christmas 2012!
  • mary-op
    Options
    Nicky - your mums book sounds lovely..........where did you get the bead letters from ? Or did you create them yourself ?

• irishgirl62
    Options
    nicky can you post a pic?
  • Shevs
    Shevs Posts: 443 Forumite
    Options
    got my best friends christmas pressie today, bought her an Irish dancer charm for her charm bracelet. So that is mum, best mate, sil and part of pressie for sis bought for. Now I just need to get dad, bro (thinking movie night hamper), gran, mil, something els for sis and oh (he's getting a tattoo but need to save for that and maybe some small stocking filler stuff) but then thats it (dont buy for fil 2x bil) still need to buy wrapping paper and christmas cards though. I downloaded loads of christmas songs today for my ipod, ones that you here in Frankie and benny's at christmas time, frank sinatra etc, got soooo excited listening to them woooooo its the most wonderful time of the year shooby dooo beee booooo
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure