Vueling Overbooking - Denied Boarding

2»

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    They failed to request any volunteers to be bumped, as per their stated procedure
    how do you know this? I have been at many boarding gates where staff have made calls for volunteers...if you were not at the boarding gate you would not know. I have also been asked previously when checking bags in at the airport if I would take a later flight for compensation.
  • chorltonian
    chorltonian Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 18 July 2019 at 1:18PM
    sheramber wrote: »
    Where dies it say they must book you on the first available flight?
    It doesn't, therein lies the problem.

The CAA version reads:-

Your other rights when bumped
    No matter whether you volunteered or were forced to be bumped, your airline must also let you choose between two options:

1. Choose an alternative flight
    Your airline must offer you an alternative flight. It’s up to you whether to fly as soon as possible, or at a later date that suits you. Airlines often refer to this as being ‘rerouted’.

If you want to fly as soon as possible, your airline must also provide care and assistance while you wait for the flight. This means food, drink, communications and accommodation, if you stay overnight.

So if the airline only flew the route once a week, they would be within their rights to offer you their next available flight 7 days later?
  • Caz3121 wrote: »
    how do you know this? I have been at many boarding gates where staff have made calls for volunteers...if you were not at the boarding gate you would not know. I have also been asked previously when checking bags in at the airport if I would take a later flight for compensation.

I know this because we were at the gate from the moment it was called. And as for checking bags, most people were checked-in online so had no contact with check-in staff.
  • Heliflyguy
    Heliflyguy Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    All part of the lovely EU compo scheme which we may not be a part of soon anyway, cheers everyone(!)

Pure guess work and most likely there will be rules/laws in place but you just love to bring Brexit into it whenever you can. You should freelance for the BBC you have their mindset.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,277 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Heliflyguy wrote: »
    Pure guess work and most likely there will be rules/laws in place but you just love to bring Brexit into it whenever you can. You should freelance for the BBC you have their mindset.

Highly unlikely that we will have comparable rules in place: no other country does.And I think that people should be reminded of what we are about to lose...
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Heliflyguy wrote: »

Hence why I said "may not be" :cool:

As an aside, do you prefer a fried egg or pineapple?
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    It doesn't, therein lies the problem.

The CAA version reads:-

Your other rights when bumped
    No matter whether you volunteered or were forced to be bumped, your airline must also let you choose between two options:

1. Choose an alternative flight
    Your airline must offer you an alternative flight. It’s up to you whether to fly as soon as possible, or at a later date that suits you. Airlines often refer to this as being ‘rerouted’.

If you want to fly as soon as possible, your airline must also provide care and assistance while you wait for the flight. This means food, drink, communications and accommodation, if you stay overnight.

So if the airline only flew the route once a week, they would be within their rights to offer you their next available flight 7 days later?

they failed to book us onto the next available flight which I understand to be their obligation.

So, your understanding was not correct.

You were not on the plane. Do you know they did not ask for volunteers on the plane.?
  • Highly unlikely that we will have comparable rules in place: no other country does.

Switzerland, Norway and Iceland are not in the EU yet they are signatories to EC 261/2004.
    If they can be part of it despite not being EU members, why do you think the EU won't be if Brexit should go ahead?
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Switzerland, Norway and Iceland are not in the EU yet they are signatories to EC 261/2004.
    If they can be part of it despite not being EU members, why do you think the EU won't be if Brexit should go ahead?

These countries have agreements with the EU for trade , finance etc

iF Britain leaves with a deal then that may be part of the deal.

If we leave with no deal then there will be no agreements.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Highly unlikely that we will have comparable rules in place: no other country does.And I think that people should be reminded of what we are about to lose...

Do you think that the" Leavers" are that interested in something that affects so few people?not a criticism but we take about 5 holidays a year and have never had to make a claim (might just be lucky ):rotfl:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure