Virgin mobile phone contract is it locked to virgin??

cherry76
cherry76 Posts: 899 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
My daughter is going to give me her old iPhone se now her contract has expired? I am not sure whether I can use my giffgaff sim with it. I have not tried it yet as she is going to give it to me when I next see her. The local market stall us asking £25 to get it unlocked. Checking virgin website it says their contract phones are unlocked. On mac website there is a mention it can be unlocked by just downloading the latest version. Can anybody help pl? Thanks

Comments

• eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If the handset was supplied by Virgin, the info on their website should apply.

Mobile phone contracts do not 'expire' - hopefully your daughter realises the need to either give notice to end it or obtain and use her PAC.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,194 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    eDicky wrote: »
    If the handset was supplied by Virgin, the info on their website should apply.

Mobile phone contracts do not 'expire' - hopefully your daughter realises the need to either give notice to end it or obtain and use her PAC.

True, but get the unlocking sorted before she leaves Virgin or you may run into Data protection, "computer says no", problems as Virgin may have deleted her from their system once she goes

Best sorted while she is still a customer
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Farway wrote: »
    True, but get the unlocking sorted before she leaves Virgin or you may run into Data protection, "computer says no", problems as Virgin may have deleted her from their system once she goes

Best sorted while she is still a customer

Networks don’t delete customers from their systems when they leave, the account is simply marked as closed on the system.
    ====
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,194 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    d123 wrote: »
    Networks don’t delete customers from their systems when they leave, the account is simply marked as closed on the system.
    Agreed, but why not sort it before leaving than have endless circular discussion with CS about a closed on system account?
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • sparky93
    sparky93 Posts: 392 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    if she is contracts, and if its locked, the providers unlock for free out of term.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure