Comments

• neilsedaka wrote: »
    Is the fibre FTTC or FTTP?

I dont even know what this means :D

But this is what it says on my account
    Unlimited usage
    Free access to over 5 million UK Wi-Fi hotspots
    200GB secure online storage with BT Cloud
    BT Parental Controls, BT Web Protect & BT Virus Protect for worry free browsing
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    It'll be FTTC ... you won't get FTTP for that price.

Fibre To The Cabinet = the last section of cable to the house is copper
    Fibre To The Premises = all the cable to the house is fibre
  • OldDIYer
    OldDIYer Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi

BT contract ending 9th August. I have just been offered £25 pm for Fibre, Line Rental and Bt Sports plus £15 credit as a gesture of good will for renewing

Is this a good deal?

Thanks

That looks good to me. My contract ends mid September. Did you leave it till your contract had almost ended, threaten to leave or just ask?
  • OldDIYer wrote: »
    That looks good to me. My contract ends mid September. Did you leave it till your contract had almost ended, threaten to leave or just ask?

I told them I was going to cancel and they offered different things until they offered this however....I didn't see the changes on my online account today and I had only had email confirmation of the one off £15 loyalty payment not anything else so I rang them and they said it had been cancelled and they didn't know why!!??

Luckily I had taken photos of the live chat so I had proof of it so I emailed it to them and they honoured it except they said it had to be for 18mth not 12mth which I accepted. He did say the hadnt seen it so low and that he had to speak to a manager who authorised him to do the fibre and line rental for £19.99 and then the Sport for £5 so thats how he got around it apparently.

I told him its a good thing I took photos to prove it but he said you can ask for copies of the chat if necessary.
  • OldDIYer
    OldDIYer Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I'll wait a couple of weeks then. I want BT Sport, so the only reasonable alternative to BT is to go to Plusnet, where you can get BT Sport for £9.99/mth or £12.49/mth HD. If I get it free from BT Plusnet's Broadband charge needs to be very low to compete.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Be aware that any new BT contract will have a built in price increase for March 2020 . No get out under Ofcom rules as you agree beforehand .
    Paying Advanced Line Rental will save aprox £20 .
    You might get BT Sport cheap if you agree to a 24 month contract .
  • Bikertov
    Bikertov Posts: 1,598 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    On renewal and after haggling the last few years, I've managed to get:

Unlimited Fibre 2 + line rental for £20 (I add unlimited anytime calls for £8)
    Entertainment Plus for £5 (I add everywhere/extra box for £5)
    BT Sports free

Discounts run for 18 months.

Not a bad price, IMHO.
  • nemoes
    nemoes Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,

I'm just out of contract on my Broadband and calls package with BT and and had the priced increased to £54/M for 50 Mb SF BB and Anytime calls.

Thinking this was a bit pricey I rang 0800 783 1401 and asked them for the best deal as I was thinking of switching.

No protracted discussion and was offered the same service for £39.98/M right away on an 18 month contract.

Might have got a slightly cheaper deal if I'd switched but pleased with the result from a quick call! :j
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 September 2019 at 1:38PM
    Contract ends you move to standard full price .
    New contract negotiate .
    Judge the price you pay against same sort of deals not full price standard monthly contracts .

My BT contract is about the same price for 80 meg unlimited calls BT Max TV and BT Sport HD .

@dont forget you have also agreed to a RPI price increase in March 2020 with your contract .
  • Being another long haul B.T client with the telephone (whenever calls) and topped limitlessness 1 fiber broadband (40gb) pursued the guidance on showing signs of improvement bargain for telephone and broadband as years contract up figured out how to get the equivalent with uncapped interminability 1 just for £15.85. Additionally took the line rental saver alternative and paid £194.28 forthright. It just goes to appear on the off chance that you don't ask you don't get. Much obliged to MSE and B.T.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback