Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • edinburgher
    • By edinburgher 30th Oct 17, 4:22 PM
    • 11,521Posts
    • 61,600Thanks
    edinburgher
    The Edcawber Principle
    • 30th Oct 17, 4:22 PM
    The Edcawber Principle 30th Oct 17 at 4:22 PM
    I think I promised a new and improved positive diary earlier on in the summer

I'll try my best to keep it short and sweet, (unlike my credit card statements). Cutting a long story short, after renovating the house and an accidental car purchase (hey, it could've been a house!) we are probably better candidates for DFW

We're now left with a much more relaxing house (we just finished our bedroom), a new car and 20,000 in credit card debt

The new job goes fairly well, all things considered and our budget is starting to balance on a month-to-month basis. Basically I've said yes to everything, which is lovely, but immature. Mrs E realises the lie of the land and is supporting efforts to get back on an even keel. I'm eb@ying, saving cashback and making overpayments every Monday.

DD and Mrs E are doing fabby, DD is the apple of our eye and remains chatty, affectionate and madcap
Page 78
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 16th Aug 19, 6:18 PM
    • 65,907 Posts
    • 296,990 Thanks
    beanielou
    Enjoy your weekend~~hope it's not too wet!!
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

193Posts Today

1,702Users online

Martin's Twitter