Tesco Current Account - statement for closed account

Just switched one of my Tesco Current Accounts to Barclays, but Tesco have removed the facility to download a statement from my closed account on online banking. Anyone got any ideas of how to obtain a statement without having to write Tesco a letter?
I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?

Comments

• dreaming
    dreaming Posts: 1,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have just switched 2 Tesco accounts and I have received a paper statement in the post for both.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,095 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    dreaming wrote: »
    I have just switched 2 Tesco accounts and I have received a paper statement in the post for both.
    I shall await my environmentally unfriendly communication in the post!
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    When I switched, I had a message from Tesco asking whether I would like statements. I declined but they made it known that I can call in the next few years (7?) and ask for statements. I'd give them a call and ask what they can do for you.
  • Deneb
    Deneb Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yes, we recently closed 6 accounts. They contacted us by phone and asked if we would like copies of statements sent to us. We both said no, as we keep records in financial software anyway.

Tesco confirmed that the information would be available to us if we changed our minds at any time in the next 6 years.

A few days later, several very large and thick envelopes were delivered by the postman. I now have a pile of A4 Tesco bank statements going back several years and nearly 10 inches thick which I have to shred :(
  • Mnd
    Mnd Posts: 1,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Yes, it was rediculous. My wife and I closed our accounts and they sent every monthly statement since we opened the account, I page for every month, but each page had another page of terms and conditions, each page identical
    No.79 save £12k in 2020. Total end May £11610
    Annual target £24000
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,241 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Mnd wrote: »
    Yes, it was rediculous. My wife and I closed our accounts and they sent every monthly statement since we opened the account, I page for every month, but each page had another page of terms and conditions, each page identical
    Yes, same here. They even gave me a few pages of somebody else's statements in the middle of mine.

That was 10 minutes of my time spent in front of the shredder I'll never get back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure