PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• Melaniep101
    Melaniep101 Posts: 637 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    CH27 wrote: »
    My poor eyes :eek:

It's like an optical illusion isn't it? :eek:
  • Danni-R
    Danni-R Posts: 641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Also, listed as 3 bed but only count 2 on the plan. Am I missing something?
    [STRIKE]£2200[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£1950[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1850[/STRIKE] £1600 on my credit card
    £1200 of £6000 Savings
  • Melaniep101
    Melaniep101 Posts: 637 Forumite
    Danni-R wrote: »

Our house is a chalet build like this and was listed as 2/3 bedrooms. There's a room downstairs that can be either a dining room or a 3rd bedroom.
  • StumpyPumpy
    StumpyPumpy Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Danni-R wrote: »
    Yes you are. You are missing reading the description. it says "...a large dining room / third bedroom..."

SP
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
  • cheekyvimto
    cheekyvimto Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sealed pot challenge: number 083
  • John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Posts: 8,391 Forumite
    edited 26 March 2014 at 8:25PM
    Copse_Hill_Open_Day_Mailer.jpgDon't forget to bring along a "Womble".
  • Elfbert
    Elfbert Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm thinking those are shower heads snaking out from behind the toilets?

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/32171627?search_identifier=9fa2b760c31a1f4c85bd24ce8a42dc57

You don't see that everyday! (Well, not in this country, anyway. I've seen it in Italy before).

Also a dizzying array of pics of stairs/bannisters.
    Mortgage - £[STRIKE]68,000 may 2014[/STRIKE] 45,680.
  • Mags_cat
    Mags_cat Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Elfbert wrote: »
    I'm thinking those are shower heads snaking out from behind the toilets?

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/32171627?search_identifier=9fa2b760c31a1f4c85bd24ce8a42dc57

You don't see that everyday! (Well, not in this country, anyway. I've seen it in Italy before).

Also a dizzying array of pics of stairs/bannisters.

Very popular, almost universal in SE Asia - "bum guns" :)

They consider us Westerners to be extremely unhygenic with our use of loo paper - fresh running water is the way to go, apparently, or at least the way to clean up afterwards!
  • TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,203 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    They are right :-)

Very common in Turkey. Produces much less waste paper.
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Our house is a chalet build like this and was listed as 2/3 bedrooms. There's a room downstairs that can be either a dining room or a 3rd bedroom.

Our last house was also like this - although not a chalet, but a rebuilt & extended Tudor property - it had two bedrooms upstairs then five *reception* rooms (plus a conservatory!) downstairs. We utilised all the ground floor rooms as reception spaces (we have lots of sofas and sideboards, lol :rotfl:), but our buyers intended to use three as bedrooms with the remaining two as living and dining rooms ;) Our EA described it as a five bed house :o
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family