How to sue Together Energy

Options

Comments

• Alan_in_Hemel
    Options
    I agree with LynH that Together Energy were too small to cope with picking up the One Select business. I too have had no bill from them after five months despite providing my meter readings at every month end as requested. Emailing or phoning just produces apologies but no action. I am at my wits end as to how to deal with this. I have registered a complaint and presumably now have to wait for the 8 weeks to tick by before I can go to the Ombudsman. I also want to move supplier but do not want to start an episode of even more hassle.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I agree with LynH that Together Energy were too small to cope with picking up the One Select business. I too have had no bill from them after five months despite providing my meter readings at every month end as requested. Emailing or phoning just produces apologies but no action. I am at my wits end as to how to deal with this. I have registered a complaint and presumably now have to wait for the 8 weeks to tick by before I can go to the Ombudsman. I also want to move supplier but do not want to start an episode of even more hassle.
    There is no problems to move from Together Energy just make sure that you owe them money rather than the other way round. Stop your direct debit if necessary to make sure you are not in credit.
  • Mouse99
    Mouse99 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    I too switched away from Together Energy in Jan this year, with a credit balance of around £200.

They have been faffing around and so finally put my case on resolver but still no settlement. How can they get away with this, beats me?
  • Ridmeofdebt
    Ridmeofdebt Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, I thought I on my own with issues with this company.
    I had a credit on my opening balance and they said they were going to give it back to me and they didn't. I am trying to get an up to day bill but they are always two months behind. I speak to the same manager each time I ring to complain and it is all "I am so sorry" responses from them but no action. I wish I never moved to One Select and had stayed with my overpriced EOn who always answered and dealt with any queries or problems swiftly. :( And to top it all any provider that I can now switch to are insisting on a smart meter is installed and I don't want a smart meter.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Make a formal complaint by email.

Then if they ignore you then you can escalate to ofgem
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In February, I posted:

One Select customers should never have been transferred to Together Energy because they are useless. Whoever chose Together didn't do due diligence and complaints about them are legion. There is no way they could handle extra customers as they couldn't even handle billing for existing customers.

The regulator has been very lax in checking companies carefully before giving them extra customers.
    Je suis sabot...
  • Dubster3
    Options
    . They have been the worse energy company I’ve ever had dealings with. I was in credit many times with them which they didn’t like and I was treated like a criminal when I asked for it to be refunded because they said they needed to look into why I was in credit. I was told after ten plus emails that I could only have some if it back and two months had to be kept for future bills, so the credit built up again.
    I left them for another energy provider in December and I’m still waiting for a refund of credit which they say they’ll give me back but they haven’t. I’ve had to take this to the ombudsman who have taken up my compliant. They’ve said Together have till the 19th June to refund my money and that they should give me £50 compensation. I’ve been a home owner for almost 30 yrs and never had such a bad experience with an energy company ever. They don’t answer their phone and very rarely answer their emails and when they do they lie telling you they’ll give you a refund in the next billing run. All lies. After reading this thread I’ve lost all hope that Together will care what the ombudsman demands of them.
  • anjump
    anjump Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    I'm also in the same boat! TE owe me over £500 since February. They even took an extra payment after I'd switched. I've been asking for a final bill, sent them a meter reading, phoned continuously asking for my money back and being lied to consistently. Took the case to the ombudsman who have recently found in my favour but judging from the previous posts.........

Ofwat doesn't want to be contacted by customers!!!! Is that because they are doing such a good job??

It's disgusting that a so called "approved" and "regulated" company can behave like this and get away with it. If you or I robbed a shop, got caught, fined and still didn't pay we'd be in prison, not raking in money. Which MP is on their payroll....

The industry needs reforming or, dare I say, renationalising! The whole concept of "competition" is a big fat lie in a nation's essential industries. We are charged virtually the same extortionate costs by a load of disreputable companies,with the added costs of churn and advertising, for the same electrons!!! BTW how do you distinguish between a green electron and a fossil fuel generated electron????!!!! Sort of exposes the lie, doesn't it?
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think you mean Ofgem....
    Je suis sabot...
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    anjump wrote: »
    Ofwat doesn't want to be contacted by customers!!!! Is that because they are doing such a good job??
    I'm not sure the Water Services Regulation Authority would be much help in this instance.
    BTW how do you distinguish between a green electron and a fossil fuel generated electron????!!!! Sort of exposes the lie, doesn't it?
    You don't, you distinguish between the electrons put back into the grid to replace the ones taken out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback