Which WiFi Booster ?

Options

Comments

• colejames
    colejames Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    My suggestion is powerline with the WIFI- Adaptor. The great working and services. Top 5 powerline adapters in 2019 are given below,
    1 TP-Link AV1000 Gigabit Powerline.
    2 TP-Link AV2000 2-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline.
    3 TrendNet Powerline 500AV2 Adapter Kit.
    4 TP-LINK AV1200 Gigabit Powerline Adapter.
    5 Devolo Magic 2 Wi-Fi.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    But whose top 5 yours fred bloggs joe soap ??
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    But whose top 5 yours fred bloggs joe soap ??
    possibly this https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/network-wifi/best-powerline-adapters-3490638/
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • Croft12
    Croft12 Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    colejames wrote: »
    My suggestion is powerline with the WIFI- Adaptor. The great working and services. Top 5 powerline adapters in 2019 are given below,
    1 TP-Link AV1000 Gigabit Powerline.
    2 TP-Link AV2000 2-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline.
    3 TrendNet Powerline 500AV2 Adapter Kit.
    4 TP-LINK AV1200 Gigabit Powerline Adapter.
    5 Devolo Magic 2 Wi-Fi.

Tp are more expensive but the quality is v good. I get 74mb (from a router at 80mb) at approx 40' on their power adaptor.
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Biggus_Dickus Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Croft12 wrote: »
    Tp are more expensive but the quality is v good. I get 74mb (from a router at 80mb) at approx 40' on their power adaptor.
    Another thumbs up for TP-Link.

I’ve had TP-Link powerline adaptors for many years but one unit failed recently so had to purchase a new set. £23.99 inc del, so cheap enough.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BECPIMC/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1

I have 110Mbps Virgin fibre broadband and the new TP link powerline adaptors run my upstairs TV consistently at 70Mbps,...very stable,...and that is through a modern consumer unit on a separate ring main. Very impressive tbh.:money:
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • ANDY597
    ANDY597 Posts: 430 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have the Tenda WIFI Cubes am Im very pleased with them, im not too techy so cant offer a fair comparison to the others mentioned.
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Does the remote unit do wifi? Perhaps you mean this?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LXOZ4EN/
    No,...it doesn’t have Wi-fi,...they’re purely point- to- point powerline adaptors. Wi-fi in my house is a bit iffy ;...I’ve tried a number of wi-fi extenders but always with mixed results tbh. The point-to-point powerline adaptors are always very stable,...I can’t say the same for wi-fi,... not in my house anyway.

I know the OP was looking at wi-fi boosters in particular but he/she mentioned their downstairs TV suffers from weak signals so a set of powerline adaptors should do the trick,... for a relatively modest price ,...if only for that particular TV of course.
  • Croft12
    Croft12 Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    No,...it doesn’t have Wi-fi,...they’re purely point- to- point powerline adaptors. Wi-fi in my house is a bit iffy ;...I’ve tried a number of wi-fi extenders but always with mixed results tbh. The point-to-point powerline adaptors are always very stable,...I can’t say the same for wi-fi,... not in my house anyway.

I know the OP was looking at wi-fi boosters in particular but he/she mentioned their downstairs TV suffers from weak signals so a set of powerline adaptors should do the trick,... for a relatively modest price ,...if only for that particular TV of course.

You can of course use a powerline with wifi to hard wire to the TV but act as a hotspot in the room as well.
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Options
    Croft12 wrote: »
    You can of course use a powerline with wifi to hard wire to the TV but act as a hotspot in the room as well.
    Absolutely:) ,... as the old saying goes “you pays yer money and you takes yer choice”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure