Like the February Correction ?

Or the start of a big crash ?

What's your opinion ?

Personally I think it's similar to what happened in February and should recover over the coming months.

Just wondered others opinions on this and whether anyone thinks this will be the big crash that some have been predicting........

Comments

• AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    No idea. And it wouldn't make any difference if I had one. :D
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Me neither

However, £30k landed this morning in my IWEB ISA from a matured cash ISA.

Can't quite bring myself to press the Buy button.

I know, I know.... Time in the market:p
  • Prism
    Prism Posts: 3,797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I vote correction mainly because I posted after 1:30
  • Bravepants
    Bravepants Posts: 1,502 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    According to the BBC News website (currently having fun there in a HYS about European Market fall!) this fall was due to a single comment from the IMF regarding over valued equities!
    If you want to be rich, live like you're poor; if you want to be poor, live like you're rich.
  • My gut feeling is that this could be the start of a bigger drop, but who knows. I am staying invested anyway. I saw this story about the Worlds worst market timer which gives me some comfort! https://awealthofcommonsense.com/2014/02/worlds-worst-market-timer/
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have a long term outlook so am not particularly worried and using the opportunity to invest some cash.
  • elenax
    elenax Posts: 11 Forumite
    To me staying with the investment is the option right now, as the vibes and volatility of the market feels more correctional
  • Bravepants
    Bravepants Posts: 1,502 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I'm not selling anything, my spreadsheet holding my retirement plan shows that I can survive a 50% crash and that's with a 70%/30% equity/bond portfolio in my ISA. Long term all the way thank you very much!
    If you want to be rich, live like you're poor; if you want to be poor, live like you're rich.
  • seacaitch
    seacaitch Posts: 272 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    badger09 wrote: »
    Me neither

However, £30k landed this morning in my IWEB ISA from a matured cash ISA.

Can't quite bring myself to press the Buy button.

I know, I know.... Time in the market:p

If wary of deploying it in one go, then a regret minimisation approach might suggest splitting it into, say, 3 or 4 chunks, to be invested over the following 3 or 4 months.

Invest the 1st chunk today, and the last chunk in 3 or 4 months time.

Invest the remaining chunk(s) either monthly in between today and the last date, or attempt to finesse things by investing them on days you feel the market has significantly pulled-back/tanked and investors appear scared. Days where you yourself feel rather too scared to buy very often turn out to be good days to have bought on, so listening to your own feelings (and then overriding them) is often instructive.
  • Kendall80
    Kendall80 Posts: 965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    While I regret not following my instincts and top slicing my equities a few weeks back i'm in for the long haul. So i'm buying :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure