Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2018

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Me again.:)

Does anyone make sweet and sour chicken? DH loves the one with thick, orangey gloop and pineapples. I realise it would be a bit synful as I'd need to thicken a sauce but anyone happy with a SW version. I've got masses of chicken breasts so looking for ideas other than usual stir fries.:think:
  • v1ckyt
    v1ckyt Posts: 302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello all,

It's strange the way the body works sometimes isn't it?

Thanks for the ideas re the theatre tomorrow night, I think I will have a good main meal, and take some berries and an Alpen light for the interval to keep me going. Am going to have to take son and friends into McDonalds before theatre, so need to be full up at that point so that I will just stick to a diet coke.

Weighed in Monday, with -4.5lbs, the swimming and line dancing last week seemed to have done the trick, so will repeat those this week. Early days but my head is in the right place at the moment. I find it gets tougher as the nights draw in and the stewpot is calling.

Hope everyone has had a good week. Take care all.
    Vicky
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    Madness.... I lost 1.5lbs. No idea how.

7.5lbs to target.
    greentiger wrote: »
    Thanks, Denise, for the yogurt syns reminder. I had noticed it on here, then promptly ignored it – which I may continue to do, depending on my mood/how many syns I’ve already used.

Oh, gtq, I’d hate that scrutiny – and I’m more in need of it then you! I hope your injuries and pride are on the mend.

Well done, Stoke, pleased for you.

Happy to report I remembered to weigh today and even happier to report -1.2lbs - at last!

Breakfast: smoked salmon & scrambled eggs
    Snack: Mr Choc coffee mini bar (5)
    Lunch: hexb sandwich (mayo - 1, ham, tomatoes), apple
    Snack: shortbread finger (5)
    Dinner: cottage pie (with carrot, onion, peas & corn and potato & sweet potato mash on top), broccoli at this point all 6 other fellow diners had home made chocolate cake for dessert and I had ….. nothing. I don’t like chocolate cake at all but I do make a good one, ha ha.
    Snack hexa cheese and grapes

Night all.
    v1ckyt wrote: »
    Hello all,

It's strange the way the body works sometimes isn't it?

Thanks for the ideas re the theatre tomorrow night, I think I will have a good main meal, and take some berries and an Alpen light for the interval to keep me going. Am going to have to take son and friends into McDonalds before theatre, so need to be full up at that point so that I will just stick to a diet coke.

Weighed in Monday, with -4.5lbs, the swimming and line dancing last week seemed to have done the trick, so will repeat those this week. Early days but my head is in the right place at the moment. I find it gets tougher as the nights draw in and the stewpot is calling.

Hope everyone has had a good week. Take care all.
    Vicky

:T:T:T:T:T well done all
    Evening everyone, hope i have a little loss tomorrow even though i am 2lb below target weight, i feel i need to keep motivated:p
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I have just been out for a birthday meal with my DS :)
    Was great.
    No hope for weigh in as not had a good week.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, is it okay to join in?

I joined slimming world 3 weeks ago, only lost 2lb week1, 1.5lb week 2 and 0.5lb tonight.

I have a desk job so don't exercise as much though am walking dogs for 45 mins a day.

I find the recipes okay but already am bored or natural yogurt or fromage frais in everything.

Lots of luck in your journeys!

x
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Beanielou :A

Postie delivered my card today thank you so much :beer:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Options
    toniq wrote: »
    Hi all, is it okay to join in?

I joined slimming world 3 weeks ago, only lost 2lb week1, 1.5lb week 2 and 0.5lb tonight.

I have a desk job so don't exercise as much though am walking dogs for 45 mins a day.

I find the recipes okay but already am bored or natural yogurt or fromage frais in everything.

Lots of luck in your journeys!

x
    Hello and welcome:D
    Don't say only 1lb week is nearly 4 stone a year;)
    I didnt do any exercise, still dont only work but am on my feet
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Beanielou :A

Postie delivered my card today thank you so much :beer:

Blimey, that took a long time:eek:
    Posted last Friday.
    Glad that you got it though!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Blimey, that took a long time:eek:
    Posted last Friday.
    Glad that you got it though!

Most have got lost crossing the border :eek: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • beanielou
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Most have got lost crossing the border :eek: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure