2»

Comments

• Ergates
    Ergates Posts: 2,108
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Joe98 wrote: »
    I can not afford it I have no job...
    Probably should have thought of that before you went sailing past the 50 signs at 66...
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    treboeth wrote: »
    Math :p

Can we set up a gofundme page for the OP :D

Leaving a perfectly good "s" off is an abomination.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    waamo wrote: »
    Leaving a perfectly good "s" off is an abomination.

But our fine American cousins do indeed miss out the s at the end of the very American slogan you used.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    But our fine American cousins do indeed miss out the s at the end of the very American slogan you used.

Our fine American cousins do many things that I have no wish to copy. Whilst the expression is theirs the language is ours.
  • Joe98 wrote: »
    I recently lost my job

What does this have to do with breaking the speed limit?

Sorry, ignore that - I see now it's because you're concerned about paying the fine.
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,180
    Forumite
    Joe98 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Today I received a speeding fine from manned equipment in a temporary 50mph zone due to road works. The NIP states I was going 66mph and caught by manned equipment, it says i was travelling at this speed on the 07/09/18 and received the fine today... What should I do? It’s asking me to send my details, can I avoid this fine? I recently lost my job and have already been on a speed awareness course over a year ago.

To be blunt, if you can't afford an unexpected £100 payout then you can't afford to run a car.
  • But our fine American cousins do indeed miss out the s at the end of the very American slogan you used
    That's because they mistakenly believe that "mathematics" or "maths" is a plural and that a single calculation is therefore a "math".
  • Joe98 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Today I received a speeding fine from manned equipment in a temporary 50mph zone due to road works.

Was this on the M1 near Watford by any chance? I wonder if you're one of the many drivers that overtake me through those roadworks.

And as they do, I fantasise about them getting a fine and panicking about not being able to pay it.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898
    Forumite
    Deastons wrote: »
    Was this on the M1 near Watford by any chance? I wonder if you're one of the many drivers that overtake me through those roadworks.

And as they do, I fantasise about them getting a fine and panicking about not being able to pay it.

Can you go away and come back when you've got something helpful to add? You can gloat privately without making it public, you know!
  • James2k
    James2k Posts: 300 Forumite
    Deastons wrote: »

Good thing is, you have to fantasise, whereas we don't need to, we have a whole thread about you driving into holes, then panicking that you cant get out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure