NST September: Sunshine Challenge

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for my free £5 in icyland, for my kettlebell, for fair weather, for good walking, for a timely bus home, for finishing some school work, for dd making a decision about Brownie weekend away (not going, thereby saving us £55 and rather a lot of hassle - yay!), for dd's dance kit still fitting her for tomorrow.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,333 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 7 September 2018 at 10:32PM
    Thanks all for the kind wishes! foxholes I love the sound of that ice cream, any feedback would be gratefully received :p

Another NSD today, not much to report, just plodding through. Have a good weekend everyone.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,790 as of 04/24
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 September 2018 at 9:51PM
    Had a good day at work although I had to postpone things to Monday, only so many hours in a work day. Done a good barbell full body work out in the gym at lunch.

Asda order came and it looked like proper essentials rather than loads of snacky foods esp for the kids. It was about 20 quid cheaper than our usual shop but I feel I have got everything to last the week. Also it will make me more creative with healthy snacks for the kids and use what's in the store cupboards.

Added a hearty salad to our pizza night, had fresh fruit for afters and everybody just had two slices rather than three or four. So after all a slightly healthier version of our usual Friday pizza night.

Bit of crochet now for me time
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all:j

Busy day today not helped by DD wanting to bring 2 friends back to 'see the animals'...is the house tidy she said...well I was outside painting the little wall & DH had 25 boxes of carp out of the garage...so no actually :rotfl: At least she asked..Still they had given her a lift back from Manc so I whizzed round & they were able to meet the beasts, or some of them. After that then went to pick up my mended jewellery & took DD home via the SM, many reduced bargains.

Set your budgets now. Pay to your debts/savings first and live off the rest. Make sure you're on the best deals for utilities, phones, broadband, etc. Are there any areas in your budget that you could cut down on? Old energy provider was unable to take my payment as everyone was busy, 'they will call you back'. They didn't. New provider quoted a 40 minute wait on the phone to speak to someone, which was a requirement by them, not me. Not happening..

Use up. Have a look through your cupboards and identify any food that's been lurking there for a while and incorporate it into a meal plan. Likewise toiletries, any half opened bottles - use before opening/buying more. Had to make a quick tea as needed the time to try on outfit for tomorrow, so used up some chicken & a jar to make a curry, plus the leftovers from the biryani from the other day. Lunch was a wrap with ham & salad.

NSDs - there are 30 days in September so a minimum of 15 or 20 for a harder challenge. Usual exemptions for ys items, petrol and medical expenses. Still 2/15

Spread some sunshine - be kind to others, help out friends, neighbours, colleagues and strangers. Share your tales of any random acts of kindness. Tried to be kind to DD as the funeral tomorrow. Lent her a bag to go with her outfit.

Healthy eating - up your fruit and veg intake, quit snacking between meals or choose healthier options. Not too bad other than the bar of chocolate that I had today.

Invest in yourself. Make sure you take the time to do things that you enjoy. Try something new that you've always wanted to do. Spent time organising outfit for meal out tomorrow, just footwear to decide depending on weather, rain forecast.

No spending on takeaways, drinks out, etc unless prearranged and budgeted for. No takeaways today.

Try to find free activities to do. Will do.

Exercise - it won't be long before the darker nights start drawing in so make the most of it while you can. Get outdoors for walk/run/cycle even if only for 10 minutes. Outside did rest of wall & tried to ignore paint that has run onto stone pavers. Hope that it will come off with some turps. Just need to do the flat top of the wall now, then another coat & it's done. Picked a few more blackberries in the garden, straight into the freezer.

go Turtles!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Set your budgets now. C
    budgets are: (posted for accountability):
    Food: 132.62/ £450
    Back to uni: 24.67/ £90 (re DD)
    New uni 8/200
    Fuel (just me): £65
    Clothing: 81.89/ £150 ( pair of school rugby shorts, 3 school shirts, 3 x jeans, socks (pk of 3), 2 x joggers, 2 x pjs, 1 x camo trousers)
    Toiletries: 0/ £10
    Cleaning stuff: £10
    DIY/ House; 31.29/£100
    SOcial: 35.83/£150
    Car: 220.07/ £650 - 2 x MOT + 2 x Winter service
    , need to pluck up courage to negotiate with V1rg1n re broadband/tv)

Use up- still going ok. Made lemon Victoria sponge to use 2 sad lemons and rest of pot of dBm cream
    NSDs - - will monitor - currently 1
    Spread some sunshine :D - let s9meone in front of me at supermarket checkout
    [/COLOR]Healthy eating - up your fruit and veg intake, quit snacking between meals or choose healthier options. - Need to stop snacking/ choose better options good yesterday except for hm lemon cake
    Invest in yourself. - spent ages cleaning kitchen and rearranging
    No spending on takeaways, drinks out, etc unless prearranged and budgeted for. Try to find free activities to do. - Have a social budget
    Exercise [/COLOR] lots of stretching, bending and getting furniture. Plus 30 min walk at res9nabke speed

Got 5 freebie food items using shopmium yesterday. Will use 4 (already eaten 1!) And 4th will give to food bank (baby food)

Today will be spend day - off to a uni open day for DS1
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all,

Don’t know where the last few days have gone! Yesterday was SFD number 2 and now we’re back at school I should be able to rack up more.

Foxholes halotop Ice creams are apparently amazing and all low calorie! I want to try them but don’t live anywhere near a Tesco. They do tonnes of flavours too apparently. People in my SW group are always eating them.

Been swimming and dog walking lots and trying to eat up what’s in the feeezer. Going to do some cleaning and sorting today and have a chilled day at home hopefully. Just a contact lense appointment to go to this morning.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 756 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi all :)

Set budgets- will look at the kitty once I'm back from town. I have my lesson & then I need milk etc.
    Use up- used leftovers for yesterday's lunch.

NSDs- still on 3. I ended up getting McDonald's yesterday & I really didn't want to. However we had been out with friends for their daughters birthday & they wanted to so we did. Not complaining as they paid for the activity & we had a lovely evening.

Spread some sunshine-- gave some eggs away.
    Healthy eating - did try in McDonalds just got a wrap & a diet coke but still bit of a fail.
    Invest-- doing a lot of nothing today :D

No take aways- another fail.

Excersize-- yoga later.

Had a fab day yesterday, went to our usual play group with a neighbour, they sent us home with some free fruit (snack is donated by our local Tesco & they let us take back what's left over ) & then the trampolines (with the birthday girl)were so much fun.:D

It feels lovely to have some time in the house again just to potter & chill out :o
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    lcc86 wrote: »
    foxholes I love the sound of that ice cream, any feedback would be gratefully received :p

It is really nice, but there is a slight grain-iness, because it has rice protein in it, high protein ice cream!
    The salted caramel is lovely, thumbs up here, but the toasted coconut - it has desecrated coconut all through it and it is compeletly lovely -is definitely my favourite.
    The peanut butter was ok but next to the other two was disappointing and the rice flour texture was the most noticeable.

They do vegan/dairy free/ soya free flavours but they also do normal dairy versions too. The vg/df/sf ones have a lovely gold collar shouting suitability.
    In Mr Ts for £3.50, elsewhere up to £6 a tub. And they print the calories for the whole tub (1 pint) on the front and the lid. It is also g/f.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 8 September 2018 at 9:11AM
    [QUOTE=Fmess;74762978

Foxholes halotop Ice creams are apparently amazing and all low calorie! I want to try them but don’t live anywhere near a Tesco. They do tonnes of flavours too apparently. People in my SW group are always eating them.
    .[/QUOTE]

Get them to organise a' tasting session' and get a few pots along - everyone bung in £1 and have an ice cream party - :rotfl: You could arrange to meet up 5 mins early and do a deal with someone near a Mr Ts in the car park. I would get thrown out of SW for being a trouble maker so flippin' fast! Also available in Wa1trose
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    F0xh0les - are those ice creams also gluten free?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure