We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What a flipping day!!!

It has absolutely piddled down...not nice....

Hope it stops raining over the weekend for the bulldog bash... So glad we don't take the tent on the back of the bike anymore.. Caravan all the way ..p!us friends of ours after last year, and now going to sleep in the back of the van.. So we will throw in a mattress and a LOAD of blankets...

It's currently dry here CTC and according to the forecast Saturday looks ok too, a little cloudy maybe. Haven't seen Sunday's yet.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    dare I say it but another hot day here :whistle: :silenced:

we badly need rain.. the lake is only 1/4 full !!

our hays not cut yet ? will have to ring postie to find out whats happening.. mind you "old uncle Arthur" seems to know when's right..;)
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope the weather picks up for your bash CTC - it's like a wet windy storm here.

Really sorry you didn't get the job Lucielle. That's a bummer. As you say it's their loss. Something much better will come along. Fingers crossed. Sorry to hear of your Uncle's passing.

Just put my leg through the bedroom ceiling!
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    Hope the weather picks up for your bash CTC - it's like a wet windy storm here.

Really sorry you didn't get the job Lucielle. That's a bummer. As you say it's their loss. Something much better will come along. Fingers crossed. Sorry to hear of your Uncle's passing.

Just put my leg through the bedroom ceiling![/
    QUOTE]

you just know things are bad when you add that as a foot note !:o
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I keep missing the good weather to mow in. House must look totally abandoned and forlorn :). Patchy grass, some just longish, some knee deep.

Hay in the barn now for winter, which sounds good. People are talking Bout a hard winter between march and jan ( or t'other way round). Hay is short here, people keep having to bale for haylage on last days. If it does come to a hard winter I too might end up buying some haylage though it would be a reluctant purchase, its something I do not appreciate feeding, especially for the two particularly good doers here.

I know I am a bit quiet ATM guys, I'm still here, still chugging along. :). Chipping in so Alfie knows I'm here and love her. :):)
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Never mind lucielle, there's a better job around the corner.;)

Hope the leg is OK this morning, choille. Ceilings will mend. With lots of stuff still going on in the loft, I'm just waiting for someone to do that now we've done them all!

I made our hay yesterday. Just enough from the wildflower lawn I left to do the chickens' nest boxes over a year. :rotfl:

Tired at the mo. Too much going on. I was up & down the motorway yesterday too. Found myself about the only customer in Morrison's near their closing time last night....very eerie!
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    morning all...
    I was watching the forecast this morning and the little blue patches with patterns on literally went round the NF !! so ive just watered all my pots before work ...:o

glad your clocking in LIR :D

lucielle..... ive often found when one thing passes and im disappointed , then a better one comes along and im pleased the first passed.... :)

ive also just packed some boxes into shed making more space in "mums room to be"... getting to the floor now !

hope your leg/ceiling has survived choille ;)

have a good day y'all.
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lucielle As you say, clearly their loss. I do strongly believe that what is for you won't go by you so there will be something even better coming soon.

Alfie I think we should swap weather for a while. We have misty drizzle. I really want to head to the beach, rain or no rain however my family are a bit more delicate and refuse to head out in this weather :(

Choille How is your leg and your ceiling?

LIR Glad to see you posting, Alfie is not the only worrier amongst us ;)

Dave Any chance that you and your DW could grab a night away when the work has settled down to catch your breaths and relax?

Fay Anything new with you?

Hello to the other posters (and lurkers) how are you all?
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My legs fine - I had my gut big boots on, bu the ceiling......that's another matter. I used the last of the paint up on it - the Alfie colour, so I have made such a mess of it, but in the grand scheme of things it will be fixed.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »

Dave Any chance that you and your DW could grab a night away when the work has settled down to catch your breaths and relax?
    We have that coming up....but it's not really a relax! :o

Just started work, clearing space for the new oil tank, when the owners of next door showed-up with their hedge cutting gear....so sudden change of plan and, shazam! the leylandii hedge has had a good pruning. :)

This will help when we have to ease a digger in for drains.:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure