3 nectar caffe nero vouchers didn't work

bnorth
bnorth Posts: 81 Forumite
edited 10 November 2018 at 11:45AM in Praise, vent & warnings
I converted some nectar points into caffe nero codes.
I had used several succesfully but last Wednesday I tried to use one (from the nectar wallet website using my phone) and was told it hadn't worked. So I tried another. and another and eventually paid by cash.
Then I saw that all 3 were now marked "used" (not obvious as used ones float to the bottom of the list .. and there's a big queue behind me at the cafe etc).
So what has happened ?? Has anyone else had this problem or heard of it ?
I guess I've lost <£10 so its no huge biggie but I wonder why it happened (faulty scanner ?) and if it will happen with remaining vouchers.
I contacted nectar (and caffe nero) but no response yet.

Comments

• bnorth
    bnorth Posts: 81 Forumite
    so its been nearly a week and no reply from nectar.
    I know they have the wrong double up points problem but I think thats just rude ( I know they have the double up problem but they are sposed to get bakc in 24 hours - I've a suspicion they aren't going to reply at all). The trail will have gone cold on the original incident now - I've not used a nectar codes since.
  • nilocmac
    nilocmac Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I know I am a bit late to reply but this happened to my wife. She contacted them through Twiiter and they refunded the points used to buy them all.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    bnorth wrote: »
    so its been nearly a week and no reply from nectar.
    I know they have the wrong double up points problem but I think thats just rude ( I know they have the double up problem but they are sposed to get bakc in 24 hours - I've a suspicion they aren't going to reply at all). The trail will have gone cold on the original incident now - I've not used a nectar codes since.

Probably most of the staff are on holiday, Christmas/New Year tends to get in the way of day to day admin., and many people are having a full two weeks.
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    LadyDee wrote: »
    Probably most of the staff are on holiday, Christmas/New Year tends to get in the way of day to day admin., and many people are having a full two weeks.

What, in November?
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    z1a wrote: »
    What, in November?

Whoops! Sorry:o
  • I added 4 to nectar and used 1 in August and 1 in September. All 4 visible under nectar showing the 2 Used and 2 with Dec 31st expiry date.
    Tried to use either unexpired and both showed used on the August date of the first voucher usage.
    Paid for a coffee at Caf! N (shock to the system) as it was made - even though I have hot coffee with me for a long journey.
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    MWRMWR wrote: »
    I added 4 to nectar and used 1 in August and 1 in September. All 4 visible under nectar showing the 2 Used and 2 with Dec 31st expiry date.
    Tried to use either unexpired and both showed used on the August date of the first voucher usage.
    Paid for a coffee at Caf! N (shock to the system) as it was made - even though I have hot coffee with me for a long journey.

Same issue for me and mine also expire on Dec 31st.

I'm going to try and get through to them via Chat but they are currently inundated with enquiries about the Double Up not working for so many people.
  • robstaaaar
    robstaaaar Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 16 November 2019 at 9:06PM
    ...thought it was just me. Not a pleasant experience trying to explain this to nectar's call centre (in India?) Was promised my issue would be logged with an email confirmation to me. 3 weeks on - radio silence.

Any suggestions how I can pursue? I reckon I've had 5 of the 10 vouchers failed when attempting to scan in Caffe Nero, but still show as redeemed, funnily, when opened up to reveal the QR all 10 showing as used on Thursday, 11 July! They all had a 31 December 2109 expiry date. What a stitch-up!
  • wdah
    wdah Posts: 884 Forumite
    I've had the same issue - bought 5 Caffe Nero codes at the end of last year, used three, then the final two wouldn't work this morning despite not expiring until 31st December.

When I hopped on Live Chat they were no help. It took forever to get replies, and when I queried whether it was a known issue and could be to do with the new Nectar app, they told me it definitely wasn't and the vouchers had probably expired.

I've followed up on email since, but that was only an hour ago. I did notice however that all 5 of my vouchers are currently displaying the same QR code + number.
  • Nectar is a nightmare. I tried to spend points at Sainsbury's a few weeks ago and it took me several days and several phone calls to get it sorted. On the final occasion I was on the phone for 40 minutes. Then yesterday I tried to convert points to a voucher on ebay. The points were deducted immediately but the voucher still hasn't appeared. I spent another 40 minutes this morning 'engaging' with a chatbot. I was eventually escalated to what may have been an actual person, demanded my voucher or a refund of my points and was told it may take up to 14 days. The place is a shambles.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure