CPP Query

2»

Comments

• oldwiring
    oldwiring Posts: 2,452 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    £75 for a year is more than I ever paid. I decided to ditch mine @ £30, because it was unlikely for us to be abroad again due to anno domini, but for the lesser amount it didn't seem that bad .
  • Hi everyone,
    I’m new to this so not sure if this is correct way to ask this.
    Here goes. I’ve seen a recent article from MSE saying that it’s still possible to claim back CPP
    As I have just found my original Certificate of Insurance I was wondering if this is correct please?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 October 2018 at 9:57PM
    paddyb1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I’m new to this so not sure if this is correct way to ask this.
    Here goes. I’ve seen a recent article from MSE saying that it’s still possible to claim back CPP
    As I have just found my original Certificate of Insurance I was wondering if this is correct please?

Edit - just noticed your title - if the CPP was taken out in 2006 then no the refund scheme has closed. Not sure what article you have found but the main one is linked below.

If the CPP was taken out prior to 2005 (outside the dates of the main refund period) yes you can try. The main CPP refund scheme is long closed as the MSE page should have explained

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/CPP-card-protection/
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    paddyb1 wrote: »
    I’ve seen a recent article from MSE saying that it’s still possible to claim back CPP
    It is, but only for CPP sold prior to January 2005. For any CPP which was sold after that date, there was a refund scheme which closed some years back.

That archived MSE article does indeed make this clear:
    "If you think you were mis-sold either of the products before 2005, this guide will show how to complain to your bank"

So you are far too late.

Sorry.
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    If the CPP was taken out in 2005
    Realistically, it's any date prior to 2005 as regulation began in January of that year.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Realistically, it's any date prior to 2005 as regulation began in January of that year.

Yes my bad, edited x2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport