Dismissal while on long term sick

124»

Comments

• scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 September 2018 at 4:39PM
    What would be your companies sick policy on an employee of under a year? That’s the best way of comparing.

1 year 4 weeks.
    1-5 years 13 weeks.

I understand small to medium companies are in a different situation. But I was just being selfish and thinking of my own.
  • scd3scd4 wrote: »
    1 year 4 weeks.
    1-5 years 13 weeks.

I understand small to medium companies are in a different situation. But I was just being selfish and thinking of my own.

So really your company doesn’t offer very much more than the situation the OPs friend is in. It’s only your length of service which makes it so positive in comparison.
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    So really your company doesn’t offer very much more than the situation the OPs friend is in. It’s only your length of service which makes it so positive in comparison.

Like I already said again, I was making a selfish comparison. Its allowed. lol

That said don't go assuming all companies are throwing around 13 or 78 weeks full pay. let alone many other decent benefits.
  • I'm sorry to hear your wife has had such a hard time. I don't believe that her employers have been at all unfair. Given the size of the company they seem to have made a really large effort to keep a job available for her to return to for far longer than most small employers could, or would have.

I don't think its good for either you or her to feel badly treated - its not a healthy attitude. Far better to think 'Jane had not been there long at all but was valued enough that they kept her on the books for nine months with all the difficulties that created for them.'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure