PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 15 September 2018

Comments

• Hello taff!

I've been shopping, got what I needed but it was a long way to go, I'm cream crackered and my feet hurt.

Elona I have sent you a message.

I have a new loose bottomed tin (is that faintly rude?) to make a raspberry and almond torte for the birthday of my old man. He's younger than me. I don't know why it has such a posh name it is really a fancy version of bakewell tart.
    I have bought him a bottle of ouzo, he likes it, I really don't but like the smell. He seems not to want anything this year. He's not easy to buy gifts for.

I need a sit down now
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Nelski wrote: »
    Morning :)
    Feel I ought to whisper as its really quiet in here. Sad to see less and less of our regulars posting these days hopefully its a time of year thing as we need our gang of merry women (and Specky :D)

With you on that Nelski - quite a few threads are missing regulars :( I think it might be that people are worn out & need to recharge their ‘posting’ batteries :D
    I know I am relatively new, but I will try to do better :o

Welcome taff :hello:

Rosy Red, I find it really nice to read ‘non exciting’ (as opposed to boring :naughty:) posts. For me it helps put things in perspective :T

Dumpling, pleased that the home schooling is going well & hope that Lee has a great time at Comi-con - perhaps I should add that to my ‘bucket list’ (I have done a couple of bungee jumps, had a ride in a helicopter & even been lucky enough to win a competition to go to the Atlanta Olympics - 22 years ago :eek:- where did the years go :eek:)

LameWolf, glad to see you back :) Hope life settles down a bit and you & Mr Wolf can get into a more settled routine.

I am sending gentle or robust (((hugs))) to everyone whether you need/want them or not :D

This morning I finished what I thought was the initial cull of the boxes of photos - but as I only binned 230 photos, I must have done a cull last year - the memory is going:rotfl: or maybe it has gone :rotfl:

... Rant Alert...
    DSis has now been living with us for 16 weeks :eek: She is only 6 years younger than I am in age but about 30 years younger in attitude :o My DH has been an absolute angel :A ferrying her about on the motorbike to various hospital appointments. She is ‘finally’ going off on little jaunts on her own, rather than tagging along with me which was beginning to feel a bit claustrophobic :o especially as she is of a pessimistic disposition & I am more of an optimist & realist :rotfl:
    Now of course the ‘little niggles’ are setting in - DSis doesn’t sit on sofas - she lies down:mad:, leaves magazines all over the place, can never find important documents as she leaves those lying around & refuses to make any plans :( Unfortunately she doesn’t do lists :( which are, in my opinion, a necessity - they keep me on track :rotfl: when memory fails :rotfl: & DSis’s memory is way, way worse than mine:rotfl::(:o
    DH is starting to find this very wearying so now I am trying to cheer him up by keeping him busy/occupied with various diy tasks & projects :rotfl:
    DH & I both ‘love’ my DSis but occasionally we do not ‘like’ her - hey ho that is family :D
    ...Rant Over ... :rotfl:

Our decluttering (prior to decorating :D) is going very slowly :( but DH & I are plugging away - slowly, slowly catchee monkey :rotfl: & we still have no dining room as there is still about 40% of DSis’s stuff to be sorted :(

Anyway now that I have bored you all to tears (I am sure I can hear sobbing :rotfl:) I will love you & leave you.

Hope everyone has as good a day as possible

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,031 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    LameWolf wrote: »
    .... but it's getting so very confusing trying to keep on top of everything. I now have to have SEVEN tablet containers per day, to cover both of us. :eek:

I recently bought this pill box for DM to replace a tatty old one. It's really good as a whole day can be lifted out and each box can hold lots.

Thanks for all your lovely comments about DM - yes, she's a rising 91 year old! She's a very different person to what she was like in August. Today she meandered around W aitrose without a stop. She was gone so long that I actually got up to look for her. :rotfl: She truly is amazing - now she's suggested that we move to fortnightly visits, something that last took place last September.

Now I'm home - washing machine chugging away with my 'Glasgow' towels and nightwear. I did a little detour for my own shopping. The hire car is not as comfortable as my own and little things about it are annoying me. :rotfl:

Dumpling - I hope that Lee enjoys his comic con. A few years ago I ventured down to London to a Dr Who event at eXcel - I was the only person there not dressed up as something or other. Weirdly there were loads of Harry Potter characters too, and one Brian Cox.

Now I must hang the washing up in the spare room, it has the dehumidifier in so it'll all dry well.
  • I had become a regular, but stopped posting because I thought my posts were boring!!
  • I love reading what you'v all been up to, my own life is so boring!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I had become a regular, but stopped posting because I thought my posts were boring!!

I don't think anyones posts are boring at all ....imagine we are all a group of close mates chatting away every day about mundane stuff happening in our life's. Nothing much more exciting than doing a wash or watching a celebrity chef with whimsical ideas here but the point is what is boring to you someone else will relate too or just enjoy the company. I love my virtual friends on here and look forward to reading what is for everyones tea or how the day is going to pan out. Not boring at all

Waffling now but I think the power of this thread is demonstrated by the real life friendships that develop and the huge support when life is not good. :A:A:A
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    nelski

Wish I could thank that twice! You are spot on!
  • Evening all (gosh even I remember Dixon)
    Another one who reads every day but doesn't always post
    Just on way back from London visiting family as Dgd birthday
    My dad down this weekend so 3 generations and guess who forgot to take photos!!
    DH now driving us home he really fancies an Eccles cake hoping some left in sm when we get home
    Was ill earlier this week with bad chest feel better but still tired

Think of all the poorlies especially TAs and Poppy
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend all
    Hugs

NRA xxxx
    NewRoadAhead Debts Sep 2009 £35,000.00Debt Free November 2014January GC £ 245.75/£250NSD January 13/10February GC £250.00NSD February 2/15
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Made it to tea and cake with friends, bought some red cyclamen to plant out, on offer woop! Also bought some white alium bulbs.
    Managed to strim the jungle, had to sit down about ten times, really should get a lawnmower, keep looking on FB but nothing suitable yet.
    Pooped now, but also on the way home stopped to buy the making of cream tea, just fancied a scone...
    Nap time approacheth...
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Nelski wrote: »
    I don't think anyones posts are boring at all ....imagine we are all a group of close mates chatting away every day about mundane stuff happening in our life's. Nothing much more exciting than doing a wash or watching a celebrity chef with whimsical ideas here but the point is what is boring to you someone else will relate too or just enjoy the company. I love my virtual friends on here and look forward to reading what is for everyones tea or how the day is going to pan out. Not boring at all

Waffling now but I think the power of this thread is demonstrated by the real life friendships that develop and the huge support when life is not good. :A:A:A

Ah that's nice.Ok will try harder :) . So you want to know what's for tea- a very un MSE Thai takeaway,as a treat to celebrate our wedding anniversary a couple of days ago (43 years :eek:) Should be arriving any minute :D.Have a good evening , we'll probably watch another episode or 2 of No Offense xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure