Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• sjp999
    sjp999 Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    IanManc wrote: »
    Newcastle BS are geographically unsound: almost all of TD10 - 15 is in Scotland and CA1 - 17 are in North West England. :)

Yeah but, they're all the same tribe - those that were left behind on whichever direction they were raiding from became the locals, basically down to not being able to move fast enough to get away from whoever was chasing. :)
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    The way I look at it is by asking...where can this £250 (or whatever) get the best interest today. Weighed up against, when do I need access to this money.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • “Not if you alreay have a current account paying at least 1.5% and you could still find 2 RS with £250 a month.”

But I can’t find two more! As I said, I have a feeder account paying 1.5%, multiple regular savers (at 5% downwards) so the 2%,£500 per month pay in for 17 months would seem my best option!
  • liamcov
    liamcov Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My TSB reg saver money goes in on 6th of month as this must have been when I opened it - can I change that to the 1st like most of my others are?
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    liamcov wrote: »
    My TSB reg saver money goes in on 6th of month as this must have been when I opened it - can I change that to the 1st like most of my others are?

Yes you can.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    adindas wrote: »
    My HSBC Pref Regular saver matured on September 3, 2018 so I has moved the money somewhere else. The Interest rate has also dropped. But it is still showing Pref Regular save. I have tried a few times to open a new but it does not allow. I believe this is becuase it is still treating it as a regular saver. I have tried to call HSBC CS she has emtied the account to be moved to my other HSBC account but she said I will stil need to wait about five working days until it is showing as normal saving account.

I wonder whether other people are experiencing the same problem ??
    this quickly they could share

This seems to be the routine with RSs linked to current accounts - Santander, First Direct, Nationwide as well as HSBC. You can usually get the accumulated funds out but it takes time to open the new one.

Just log in every day and check the lie of the land.
  • B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2018 at 7:50AM
    adindas wrote: »
    My HSBC Pref Regular saver matured on September 3, 2018 so I has moved the money somewhere else. The Interest rate has also dropped. But it is still showing Pref Regular save. I have tried a few times to open a new but it does not allow. I believe this is becuase it is still treating it as a regular saver. I have tried to call HSBC CS she has emtied the account to be moved to my other HSBC account but she said I will stil need to wait about five working days until it is showing as normal saving account.

I wonder whether other people are expiriencing the same problem ??
    this qucklythey could share and

HSBC Reg saver matured on 08/09/2018. Account disappeared from online banking yesterday. Funds transferred to (existing) flex saver overnight and moved out this morning. I am not an "Advance" CA holder.

Update... New RS applied for. Confirmation page says account should be open and visible on online baking within 2 days. Welcome pack by post within 5 days.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have the Advance a/c - Pref Reg Saver matured, the cash was automatically transferred overnight to existing instant access saver and visible the following day - at that point I applied for new Pref Reg Saver which was visible within a day or so.

https://www.hsbc.co.uk/savings/products/regular-saver/

Is the delay because you did not have an existing savings account into which the automatic transfer could be made?
  • Hi Folks,

Here is this weekend's update.

- Newcastle BS Regular Savings account details updated to include how to open the account and latest post codes that they will accept for account opening

- Nottingham BS Sunshine Regular Saver removed and replaced with Panthers Regular Saver account (paying 2% on up to £500 per month until 31st January 2020 but no withdrawals allowed) in post 3

- Cumberland BS Regular Saver (Issue 3) account interest rate increased by 0.25% to 2.55%

- Cumberland BS First Home Saver account interest rate increased by 0.15% to 2.65%

- Monmouthshire BS First Home Bonus Saver account interest rate increased by 0.25% to 5%

- Hanley Economic BS Home Deposit Saver account interest rate increased by 0.15% to 3.1%

I have checked all the accounts on the first page for interest rate rises and only the accounts mentioned above have changed.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are on the first page
  • B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    xylophone wrote: »
    Is the delay because you did not have an existing savings account into which the automatic transfer could be made?

This seems to be a common factor for two of us. Can't offer a solution to adindas this time around although it would be useful to hear from others to see if this is a common denominator.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure