CMC asking for 2 payments

Long time lurker, first time poster, Hello all!

After a bit of advice please with regards to a claim management company and their ineptitude...

Names omitted and figures simplified to make things a bit easier but her we go

Submitted 2 PPI claims with a CMC, both for the same lender just 2 different accounts.

Had 2 letters back from the CMC after a few months on the same day saying exactly the same just with the 2 different account and claims references - basically lender has made a final decision, they will pay you £300, you owe us £100 (same for each claim).

Paid those off immediately, sorted.

A few days later I received 2 more letters from the CMC, same claims, same accounts, same lender - this time saying lender has made a final decision, £3000 on 1st claim, £1000 on 2nd claim - you now owe us £1000 and £333.33.

Chased this all down with the lender, 2nd set of figures are correct and the amounts I received.

No idea where the first set of figures came from or why I got the letters with incorrect amounts shown.

CMC started chasing me for payments of the amounts shown on the 2nd letters and didn't even realise they sent the first letters but have acknowledged they received both £100 payments.

Basically the CMC made a few mistakes - sending me the first letters asking for incorrect payments, accepting those payments without checking and then asking for more payments without realising what I'd already paid so the amount requested in the 2nd letter was also incorrect.

I submitted a few claims with them and don't have much faith the unsuccessful ones were due to more errors on their part and don't really have much faith in them.

They're looking into this now and I assume they will come back and ask for full payment of the 2nd figures minus what I've already paid (1000+333.33 minus 100 x2 already paid)

Where do you think I would stand telling them that I've already paid as per their first letters and they're going to have to pay for their own mistake? :rotfl:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Random123 wrote: »
    Where do you think I would stand telling them that I've already paid as per their first letters and they're going to have to pay for their own mistake? :rotfl:

In a very untenable position.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Random123 wrote: »

You may well laugh. Personally, I wouldn't even be laughing if I'd paid £100 to use the free complaints process...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure