PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 12th January 2018

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Afternoon all,

Bahh ive had a threat of a cold now since last weekend. My nose starts running, my throat goes sore and then it disappears again. How strange....

On the plus side, ive discovered the usefulness of the turbo brush that goes on my vacuum. Ive used it before on the stairs but the beater foot on my vacuum is a bit rattly so until Grump can have a look at it ive been using the turbo brush attachment...its brill. A bit harder work yes but oh so worth it! :D

Bleach washed the side of the house, steamed the floors, chicken is in the oven (havent had chicken since Christmas day) and had a bath. Thats me done till tea time.... Off to watch a bit more Big Bang Theory. i'm up to season 6.

Prodigal asked me yesterday if i had coloured my hair cause it was blue. Funny he said that cause i thought the same a few days ago but i couldnt understand how it could be as i'd have only used shampoo and conditioner.... Noticed today that the shampoo has a blue transparent tint to it. My hair must be porous and grabbed the colour of the shampoo. :D

ScarlettR So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

Hester Sorry to hear of your fall. Your supposed to be in retirement but your working harder than ever!

Deleted_User You worry me. Do you have any outside help with your OH? Do you manage to get out by yourself at times? So much stress on your shoulders.

Karcher Still thinking of you.

Nmlc Sorry to hear your Mum is not good.

Dumpling any news from the hospital?

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • nmlc wrote: »
    Morning everyone

Mrs Salad Dodger - the recipe for the Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom pie is as follows -

Boneless and Skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces, saute them in a large pan (I use my wok), add bacon lardons saute until nearly cooked, then add chopped mushrooms and I cheat and use a jar of white wine cooking sauce or a can of condensed chicken soup (add some milk or water to thin it down but not too much) - just cook this for a few minutes so the sauce is bubbling then transfer to a pie dish and I use a sheet of ready made puff pastry for the pie top and bake in the oven until the pastry is risen and golden - normally at 30 minutes at 200c. Absolutely lovely it is - I make a large one that should really feed 5-6 people but the menfolk here generally have a second helping so it doesn't last long.

I just experimented with different ingredients until I found what worked for us - that's why there's no set amounts.

Hope this helps.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x

Thanks for that, nmlc. I always use frozen puff pastry. However never thought about a can of condensed chicken soup. I have to say what is wrong with ‘cheating’ so as I am about to go shopping I will add this to my list.

My DH will be impressed if I can manage without a precise recipe!

Thanks again & I will try to remember to post about the result!

MrsSD:)
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Nelski Pity we didn't live closer, I could have taken your Mum on while you are incapacitated, I'm a dab hand at it now :rotfl:. Happy that you may not have to wait too long for your op :T.
    [

Grief no I like you too much for that nanny :rotfl: I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy....now talking about my brother... :D
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Nelski :rotfl::rotfl:. Thanks for that, now I wish I had a brother..................perhaps not :D
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Is anyone else having problems posting? Every time I try to like a post on this page it keeps telling me that I don't have permission to access this page. Then kicks me out of the thread.
    Yes, that's just happened to me Holly, but I got back into the thread ok.

Thanks for the condolences on the loss of my friend, that's the second close friend in a month.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Think i am going to have to change my shampoo. My hair is definately blue. Google says grey hair (which mine is, is porous).

No problem posting here, just dont have a lot to say..... thats a first.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,239 Forumite
    Is anyone else having problems posting? Every time I try to like a post on this page it keeps telling me that I don't have permission to access this page. Then kicks me out of the thread.

Yes, me too...no idea why. I've tried on both my phone and my pc.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good evening chums,
    sadly our 'Fighting Frank' passed away at 5.30 this evening with his wife of 62 years holding one hand and his daughter Fran holding the other.

He is now out of pain and the family will rally round to support Margaret.

A lovely chap who adored his wife, his daughter Fran and son Ashley (my son-in-law) and their grandchildren.

He wasn't rich or famous, but he worked hard all of his life to give his family the best he could. We all have many happy memories of him ,especially at Christmas when all the family got together, and he adored all of his own, and my grandchildren

My youngest Grandson Mikey adored him, as my late OH sadly had passed away before he was born so his adopted 'Granddad Frank' taught him to play cards, and would pull his leg as he did with all the children.
    A thoroughly decent man who lived a good life and is now thankfully out of pain

remember our Frank if you have a deity whom you believe in as I will tonight and I will also pray for his smashing wife Margaret who is the one in pain tonight

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes

love to everyone

JackieO xxx
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    JackieO wrote: »
    Good evening chums,
    sadly our 'Fighting Frank' passed away at 5.30 this evening with his wife of 62 years holding one hand and his daughter Fran holding the other.

He is now out of pain and the family will rally round to support Margaret.

A lovely chap who adored his wife, his daughter Fran and son Ashley (my son-in-law) and their grandchildren.

He wasn't rich or famous, but he worked hard all of his life to give his family the best he could. We all have many happy memories of him ,especially at Christmas when all the family got together, and he adored all of his own, and my grandchildren

My youngest Grandson Mikey adored him, as my late OH sadly had passed away before he was born so his adopted 'Granddad Frank' taught him to play cards, and would pull his leg as he did with all the children.
    A thoroughly decent man who lived a good life and is now thankfully out of pain

remember our Frank if you have a deity whom you believe in as I will tonight and I will also pray for his smashing wife Margaret who is the one in pain tonight

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes

love to everyone

JackieO xxx

Sorry for your loss Jackie I know it was expected but that doesn't mean it doesn't affect you. Take care and your job with Margaret starts now ....I know she will be glad to have you at this difficult time xxx
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    JackieO, I wont bother praying for Frank as I am perfectly sure that he is whooping it up with the angels already. But I will pray very hard for Margaret, hers will be a hard road to travel now. And the rest of this lovely family too, they will miss him so much.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills