PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018

Comments

• Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I progressed in the house yesterday and made a huge ingress into the mountain of washing and did not create an ironing mountain but today will be different. Off out in 10 minutes to pick up OH and take him to get a hire car whilst his is repaired, and I'm working from 1.30 - 7.30 so I guess not much will get done in the house. I have already put some washing in and will be home briefly before going to work, to eat so I will use that time to prepare dinner for tonight and turn washing round again. Tidied round living room and plumped up cushions so that's looking good, kitchen fine too as I washed up last night and put away this morning and OH emptied DW this morning.

Hugs to all that want or need.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Morning all

Busy day yesterday, did first course in the morning then went mils and gave her kitchen a really good blitz, lots of ood food binned, cupboards scrubbed out and everything given a really good going over. Bought a load of her grubby stained tea towels bag to give a bleach and hot wash and promptly broke my wm! The filter was blocked so it started flooding out, now it has a warning light flashing. Dh thinks he's found a YouTube tutorial to fix it so we'll be trying that tonight. Upside is kitchen floor got a really good clean.

No baby news yet, only in work lunchtime and afterschool club today so will try and crack on.

Hugs to all that need them and I hope everyone has a great day. X
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Morning all, what have you all done to me???
    Hubby went out to work at 5, by 5:10 I was up, by 5:20 I was dressed and downing my first caffeine fix.
    By 6:30 the front room has been blitzed as per today's tasks. The hoover is out, ready to do the vacuuming when I return from the childminder run. (6:30 is a little early to hoover in a terraced house)
    The (metal) waste paper basket & magazine racks have been through the dishwasher. The snuggle blankets are just finishing in the wm. ready to be hung to dry when I get back.
    Currently the non slip mats from the bath & shower are in the dishwasher in a last ditch attempt to rescue them before opting for new ones.
    Once that's done, I'll run an dishwasher cleaning solution through it.

I just hope the rest of the day is as productive in a paid work capacity.

Super flying everyone.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Doing better than expected, hire car collected, service booked for other car next week. 2nd load of washing in, 2 loads ironed and put away so still no ironing mountain.

Just going to prepare dinner for tonight and then do myself an early lunch before going off to work.

First coffee!
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Anyone want to join me for a hhcx3 I'm going to tackle the ironing basket that has strangely filled up since the new year.

Oh the rule of switch it off then on again seems to be working, after leaving wm unplugged all night Ive chanced putting it on to the cycle I normally use and trying it. So far all is well. Lesson learned check the filter every month - yorkie wrappers do not wash well!
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 January 2018 at 1:04PM
    Morning all (just!).

Well done on solving the wm problem, mrs-mp :T I must find out how to access the filter on my WM...

I went to bed very late last night, having chosen my essay title and started researching for it - have got some really good leads, so am very happy.

Also very happy at weigh-in this morning, as I have weighed in and have decluttered 5.5 lb in a week :D Last week I found I had put on 5 lb very suddenly , but I felt really ill with aching joints last Monday and Tuesday so maybe I had been suffering from fluid retention. Anyway, it's gone now, and another half pound with it, and I don't have to start paying my SW consultant again :j

Flying wise, I have hung yesterday's washing on the airer, pulled our bedding straight and WUDUPA a couple of items.

Busy afternoon ahead, so I must crack on. Will catch up late this evening (if I'm still awake after college!)
  • One happy slinky reporting in :)

Start weight - 12 stone 11 pounds
    Today: 12 stone 5 pounds :j:j

Well done Iona :)
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    MinnieMousesMummy Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 January 2018 at 2:14PM
    I have had a lazy start to the day, as I am still not feeling too well. I am going to post my list and try to get some stuff done.

Marvellous Monday
    Sort through a pile of paperwork – file or shred as required
    HHI
    Discuss storage options for ds2’s room with dh
    Clean the sink
    Check through the contents of the fridge
    Clean the work surfaces
    Sweep and mop the floor

Tuesday - Master Bedroom
    Dust the surfaces
    Tidy away Christmas presents that have been abandoned at the bottom of the bed
    Sort through a pile of paperwork
    Connect up work blog and social media pages
    Contact uni for update on course change
    Hoover the bedroom floor
    Tidy up top of unit, as toiletries and makeup are spread everywhere at the moment
    Make hairdresser appointment for ds2
    Do 1 load of laundry
    Sort through home study courses and schedule work to meet deadlines
    Get a just-damp cloth and wipe switches, sockets and places where sticky fingers linger
    Take measurement for bedroom curtains and look for some online
    Check corners for cobwebs/spiders and remove
    Dust skirting boards
    HHI
    Update diary
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well done atb :T:T:T:T:T:T
    It's amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it - slinkies, H2Hers, flymarketeers and everyday flyers :)

GWS MMM - rest between jobs x

Dog walked, lunch cooking :D
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Feeling smug. Sorry.

Lost 5lb since 1st Jan.:j:j Good start to Slinkydom. It won’t continue, but it’s a huge relief as I was soooo depressed last Monday.

Well done, that is brilliant. Very envious but you put much more thought and effort into eating and exercise than I do. Though I did go to Zumba earlier.

Have finished and sent the last report in my backlog. This afternoon will be blitzing office and getting paperwork ready for the next ones.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure