Miss sold PPI or Plevin? help

Comments

• Help needed please! My partner has claimed for misold PPI on a Barclaycard he has had for nearly 20 years. They have said they don't agree it was misold but have said they will give him the commission which is an offer of £1000! We feel it should be much more. Should we appeal through Plevin using the tool on here or go straight to the ombudsman? Can they refuse the claim out right, what else can we say that may strengthen the claim?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,423
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    The commision IS the Plevin redress.

If they have rejected your complaint, you can take it to the FOS yes.

However, you can't negotiate on the plevin front.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Can we appeal the decision directly with the bank?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,041
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Should we appeal through Plevin using the tool on here or go straight to the ombudsman?

They are paying you out under the plevin ruling. So, it would be pointless appealing that as they are already paying that.

If you disagree with the complaint outcome, you can refer your case to the FOS.
    Can we appeal the decision directly with the bank?

Do you have new evidence that you think may change their decision or show that their decision was wrong?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • May I ask how long ago your initial missold ppi request was done and rejected? I've had a letter today telling me about applying for this Plevin thing as I've had a credit card with capital onr for years and years... I'm not sure whether it will just be thrown out as i originally applied for my ppa back about 4 or 5 years ago I'm guessing and it was rejected. I never fought it as I couldn't be bothered. Also how can i complain about the commission as i have no idea what % they took . How do i find that out? Sorry for all the questions!
  • You don't need to know the %.

Just follow the instructions in the letter.
  • Ah, thankyou! Don't know if it's worth it really as capital one never seem to pay out anyway.... I presume they just send the letter out in a standard fashion to everyone, as opposed to targeting customers who it actually affects?
  • jellie
    jellie Posts: 883
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Cleo9990 wrote: »
    Ah, thankyou! Don't know if it's worth it really as capital one never seem to pay out anyway.... I presume they just send the letter out in a standard fashion to everyone, as opposed to targeting customers who it actually affects?

But if you do nothing, you'll get nothing. Only you can decide if it's worth it.
  • Sent my pleven thing off today via resolver form to capital one so will be interested to see if I get any commission paid back. Had credit card 14 years. Wonder what it might be?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,041
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Cleo9990 wrote: »
    Sent my pleven thing off today via resolver form to capital one so will be interested to see if I get any commission paid back. Had credit card 14 years. Wonder what it might be?

Timescale doesnt matter unless you were borrowing on the card each and every month for that period (borrowed as in the amount you didnt pay back in full that month). Then it is the amount you borrowed each month.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure