IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim defence

Comments

• Sorry Umkomaas, it is difficult to tell which posters have more legal background but thanks again for that link as it certainly makes me feel a little more relaxed knowing UKCPM are doing this with other victims.

Is there anyone out there that could maybe give me an idea of whether or not to email the CCBS about this please?

Cheers
  • Dear Sir/Madam

I have recently had the claim ********** raised against me from Gladstones solicitors on behalf of UK Car Park Management.

I already have a Claim in progress that I will be defending in ******** Courts in January 2018 ( ********* )

The claim appears to be identical to the current claim even though I have never received a 'Notice to Keeper' for this instance dated within 12 days of the previous.

I believe this to be a duplicate claim and would kindly ask for it to be struck out as such.

If indeed this is another claim for a second alleged event then may I ask that it is combined with the first claim so that it imposes the least burden on myself and the courts/Judges time and resources.

I look forward to your further guidance on this matter

Kind regards
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Dont send it separately. Include this in the preliminary matters section that your defence has, same as ALL Gladstones defences have, talking about how shoddy the claim is.
  • Ah, OK so put this in the defence so that the Judge see's it at the next stage, makes more sense.
    I suppose the CCBC wont make any call on these matters and just administer the cases.
    Thanks nosferatu1001
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Id ssay it is unlikely theyd actually read an email. theyre swamped.

Include this request on every part of the claim.
  • OK, cool, thanks guys
    I'll add it the preliminary matters and tag it to the end as well.
    So my defense... need to use the same one as before but emphasize the fact that no PCN or NTK was received contrary to POFA requirements.

Cheers
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Sorry Umkomaas, it is difficult to tell which posters have more legal background but thanks again for that link as it certainly makes me feel a little more relaxed knowing UKCPM are doing this with other victims.

not a large list but definitely LoC123 and Johnnersh and Bargepole , plus I suspect a few other LONG TERM regulars who post about legal matters on here , like CM , who may or may not have legal training but have valuable insights on various aspects

I suspect possibly 5 or 6 at most with legal training , including the 3 I mentioned earlier

there are others who have been through the process and learned a lot from it , like Lamilad for example
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    The claim appears to be identical to the current claim even though I have never received a 'Notice to Keeper' for this instance dated within 12 days of the previous.

I believe this to be a duplicate claim and would kindly ask for it to be struck out as such.
    I'm not sure there's any point saying this as it clearly isn't a duplicate claim. The second claim has a different contravention date and was pursued under a different ref no.

I think you just need to stress the point that it is highly unreasonable and vexatious for them to issue individual claims for alleged events that occurred around the same time and involved the same issues when these could of been dealt with in one claim pursuant to the overriding objective of CPR 1.1, to enable the Court to deal with matters justly, and at proportionate cost, as well as saving expense on hearing fees.

Alternatively, you could make a request for special directions asking for the instant case to be a test case for the other one. There's an element of risk in doing this, however, and it would require the claimant to agree.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    It's not a 'duplicate' claim, but you should certainly ask at this stage and when it gets allocated to your local court, write again like a cracked record, asking the local Judge too, for the matter to be joined to be heard together to avoid wasting the Court's time and your own exposure to costs for two claims that deal with essentially identical facts and details.

Lamilad, what did bargepole write in your case that covered this sort of thing, I can't find it?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Lamilad, what did bargepole write in your case that covered this sort of thing, I can't find it?
    Crikey! We're going back a while now... I'll see if I can find it.

I know it contained the sentence above about CPR 1.1 as I noted that separately and have used it since in forum comments
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure