Dreams and wishes....

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you :) I keep on thinking I've set things up wrongly, but I'm pretty sure I'm accurate on my recording. I have so many accounts, that's the problem!!

I'm hopefully going to be chatting to the mortgage advisor tomorrow afternoon so that he can then make an application for me. Gulp.

I found out, though, that I can't extend the lease on the flat until it's in the low 70s (it's at 78 years now) and even then, they can turn around and say no. So, it could affect my ability to sell it on....but hopefully I'll have a change in circumstances before the low 70s....

NSD today - yippee! I nearly spent £1, just because it's a round coin not a new one and I wanted to get rid of it, but that's just silly....so, when I went to the Tesco/post office, to send a parcel back to Amazon, I ended up putting the coin back in my purse, safe for another day :)

Just moved 75p online as something came out of one of my bank accounts.
  • Kittikins
    Darn it, the mortgage chap didn't call me......and I was so caught up in first day of school excitement/meetings etc that I didn't notice until nearly 5pm.

Had a great day with my new class, they really got to grips with my expectations and I've just got to remember to stay consistent with them....

Nearly a NSD, bought a beautiful scrapbook to put the class prayers in, as they all wrote so beautifully and I'd like to celebrate (especially as I'm the school RE lead)
  • Kittikins
    Thankfully, mortgage chap called yesterday and we had a good chat - at lunchtime today, I became the proud owner of a "decision in principle" :) I've got to contact the flat owner and arrange to take DD to see it, then hopefully it'll be go, go, go!!

Have had a fab start to the school year, it's been busy, busy, busy but the class are great and I'm going to enjoy helping them progress.

On the money front, I seem to be going great guns at putting the odd pennies into the house fund. I'm going to be using £46k on the deposit and the rest will be used for moving money and buying furniture etc. I'm also going to try and stop using my credit cards at all, as unless it's a big purchase, I should be able to have the money in my account this month.

Tomorrow will be a spendy day, I'm taking MissKitty to the cinema
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Fantastic news about the house. It will be so good to have a place of your own.

Well done on savings and have fun at the cinema.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Thanks SW, the cinema was great fun - I'm not a fan of superhero films per se, but this one was quite good, and it was lovely to see DD so excited!!

We took our own popcorn and drinks, got the train and had bread and cheese for lunch. A lovely friend invited us over for dinner, rather than us go out for a meal, and we ate ourselves happy whilst watching Strictly!

During the day, DD and I tried out a few sofas in HoFraser :)

15p in the Marmite jar and a few coppers to take to KW's for the seaside fund.
  • Kittikins
    £2 in marmite jar - no match subs needed this morning at DD's netball
    80p in jar - change from my much-needed coffee! (Note to self - have one at home next time!!)

Yippeeeee! We're going to see the flat tomorrow evening :)
  • How exciting ! Make sure you see it in daylight too as things can look very different in the evening especially as its now getting dark earlier. Hope it lives up to expectations and you will both be very happy there x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Thank you :) We're very excited!!!!
  • Well done on cinema, and happy viewing of the flat. Visit several times, take photos as you don't remember everything. Speak to the neighbours about how nice the area is etc.

Good luck.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    DD LOVES the flat :) She's already planning her 13th birthday celebrations (in 6 months and 5 days' time, lol).

Had a manic day at school, in a good way, just busy, busy but it was good to have enthusiastic kids and I'm now already in bed wondering how much I need to get ready for tomorrow or if I can have an early night....

I can hear DD pottering around in her room, probably starting the decluttering process already!! She'd have us in tomorrow if she could!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure