Redundancy entitlement

Options
My company is about to go into administration and as of last friday no one has been paid and ive had to up overdraft to cover bills so i dont get charged. The company is now making redundancies and Im just wanting to know what i would be entitled to if im one of the ones made redundant. Ive been with the company 2 years.

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If it is under 2 full years, then no redundancy is due.

If you have worked 2 full years, you are entitled to 2 weeks redundancy pay. 1 week for each full year of employment (if you are over 41 years of age it is 1.5 weeks) capped at £430 per week.

2 weeks notice or whatever is in your contract if it is longer and any accrued holiday pay.

Note, if the company goes bankrupt, you have to claim from a government fund, which could take many weeks.
    Hope you find a job soon.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • rambo29
    Options
    2 full years and im 30 years old. we been told we should find out today who staying and going but if your going you go now.
  • McKneff
    Options
    Oh dear, well at least you knw what you should be entitled to.
  • rambo29
    rambo29 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    Update on situation is that we still havent been paid and that the company has gone into administration and making redundancies. To find out if you are being kept on or not is you will recieve a cheque in the post today if your staying and nothing if your redundant but you will then have to go and see the administrators to see what money you can get and it could take a few weeks to get it. Names have been seen on some cheques and ive been told that im one of the people NOT getting one and will be redundant. So for me im owed Augusts pay plus a days overtime and upto this date in September and 7 days holiday. Does anybody know what else im entitled to.
  • McKneff
    Options
    I outlined in Post 2 what you would be entitled to.

If the company is in administration Im surprised anyone is getting a cheque.

Speak to the administrators, you will probably have to claim from the government, but like yu already said, it will take some weeks for it to come through.
    Good luck in finding a new job and get signed on at the job centre as soon as you can, youj will get NI credits, these are important.
  • CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative
    CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative Posts: 153 Organisation Representative
    Options
    rambo29 wrote: »
    My company is about to go into administration and as of last friday no one has been paid and ive had to up overdraft to cover bills so i dont get charged. The company is now making redundancies and Im just wanting to know what i would be entitled to if im one of the ones made redundant. Ive been with the company 2 years.

HI

In addition to the information provided in the other posts follow the link below to the CAb adviceguide website which outlines what you must do if you are owed money and your employer ceases to trade. Visit your local CAB for further help

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/work_e/work_work_comes_to_an_end_e/work_redundancy_e/redundancy_pay.htm#claiming_redundancy_pay_if_your_employer_has_stopped_trading
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure