Have I been rejected

2»

Comments

• aife
    aife Posts: 220
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Be glad - the ‘in fashion’ at the moment tends to be someone calling to let you know - I have no idea why they do it and as the unsuccessful candidate it feels rather cruel - and also prevents you from getting anything in writing. I would rather not hear. The last employer to make the unsuccessful call seemed most put out, I was not sobbing I am sure - what they needed to know was that interviews are actually two way things.

So no news is good news!

Personally I am also if I don’t hear in a week it is a no.

In 2016 I remember going to a logistics company who used to measure their success on mountains so very large and worldwide - the guy who interviewed reckoned he just couldn’t tell me the outcome and said he had to get a colleague to feedback....he clearly couldn’t or didn’t like doing it, though that happened within the week. Why don’t these companies save themselves a lot of grief and not respond or send an email. Then there was another company in 2014 who got in touch 4 months on after not hearing a peep from them, then offering the job, once they had, had to dismiss the person they took on...

I don't want to have a phone conversation either , but not hearing at all is worse , and downright rude. Doesn't take a lot of effort to email or text
    I think a lot of employers do this deliberately as a way of hedging their bets - they have pool of replacements ready if the preferred candidate changes their mind or a problem arises
  • bigkenny1975
    bigkenny1975 Posts: 107
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    aife wrote: »
    I don't want to have a phone conversation either , but not hearing at all is worse , and downright rude. Doesn't take a lot of effort to email or text
    I think a lot of employers do this deliberately as a way of hedging their bets - they have pool of replacements ready if the preferred candidate changes their mind or a problem arises

I agree, I’m not sure if they realise they could even tell me that and it would be better than silence.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure