Security Officer Duties

Options
124»

Comments

• marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ...So unless you have done the job of the OP is it your place to mock...really.....
    I don't think anyone was mocking. It certainly wasn't my intent. Just trying to give a little tough love and some perspective.
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,749 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    miance wrote: »
    Dear All

Thank you for your comments,
    How shall I start? Anyway some comments are valued,
    I just want to say some of the comment were like do the job properly, to those I want to say that Those days are gone now when you were going to work and sit whole time and come back, security job has massively changed now over the time, now there are more responcibilities added to it, in fact some security firms are hungry just to gain the contract they will accept any terms with the client and then expect the security staff to fulfil those terms.

What I disagree with is security job has massively changed in a sense that al most anything and everything they have added into it, on a site anything which other people are not doing it they make this part of security job, they have added admin work, facilities work, gritting the site, some cleaning the site, and lots of other tasks and list goes on and on, I disagree with this. OK in a nut shell why someone join a security firm is to be paid low wages and less responsibilities, so wage justify the responsibilities, but when it goes to opposite way then this is not fair. In my situations it has gone opposite way that more responsibilities but less pay. Just to add for some of you who does not know, I mainly work nights 12 hours shift and there is no night allowance its just a flat rate and just some pence above the minimum wage.

The ones of you who think that security is all about watching the top gear or movies are to watch on site now a days is not possible because they have installed cctv cameras where you are based, or even if there is no camera you just get no time for these things because they keep you that busy that you just don't get time.

I agree with some of the others, you've ignored the valid questions in this thread. Were you always expected to do the 8 miles and the only change they've added is the checkpoints or have they increased the distance you're required to cover?

Personally in your shoes I'd quite welcome it. It'll get you fit and saves you the money on gym costs. If you're overweight it could even add years to your life, at the very least improve your quality of life.

Ultimately none of the suggestions they seem to have made appear to be unreasonable so if you don't like the work you're being asked to do your only real choice is to look elsewhere.
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    marlot wrote: »
    I don't think anyone was mocking. It certainly wasn't my intent. Just trying to give a little tough love and some perspective.

My apologies..mock was obviously the wrong word,i should have said "Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes or eight in this case"...yes ok cringe worthy..lol

Thing is walking eight miles around a car park would be hard...walking eight miles around a building site or up and down flights or stairs in a corporate environment would be totally unrealistic.

But ultimately if the OP doesn't like it..leave...just so happens i have a site where the patrol is roughly 5 minutes an hour.:eek::D (and the guards still moan lol)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure