Halifax PPI - How to contact payments team

I am due some money from Halifax due to a PPI complaint on credit cards. They issued a cheque but my title was not correct so my bank would not accept it. I thought this would be straightforward and rang them up to ask for it to be reissued. However, I have had a few missed calls from their payments team where they leave no number to call them back. I have called the PPI customer services team several times now and just get through to a call centre who cannot help and are unable to give me the number for the payments team. I don't understand why they need to speak to me as it is a straightforward change from Miss to Mrs on a cheque!

Does anyone know how I can get this resolved and actually get to speak to the payments team?

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Go into branch with ID and the letter and ask them to ring them or send a secure message with your contact number and availability
  • Marina2016
    Marina2016 Posts: 45 Forumite
    A number of messages have been left via the call centre for the payments team to call me but a week later and no call. I will try going into branch later this week.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Marina2016 wrote: »
    A number of messages have been left via the call centre for the payments team to call me but a week later and no call. I will try going into branch later this week.

I think in branch staff might have a direct number or some other way to bypass the contact centre
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    I think in branch staff might have a direct number or some other way to bypass the contact centre
    In my experience, that's not the case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport