Equity release miscalculation after extra 12 months

Hi all, not sure if anyone can help but...

Basically, last year my Iva was due to end subject to equity release clause. Anyhow, the mortgage is joint but the ex, as per divorce 7 yrs ago, is not entitlement to the equity or any thing regarding the house upon £50 per Month for 6 yrs (at time of divorce the equity was negative and I couldn’t remortgage due to Iva BUT if I could then both parties would be liable to pay half the negative equity etc) and therefore the equity is all mine pending remortgaging at the end of Iva. I provided the house valuation and outstanding mortgage to the Iva company and I had £50k equity.

I couldn’t remortgage at the end of Iva for obvious reasons and I also enquired about the amount I would pay back IF I could remortgage as I technically have 100% equity (like explained above regarding divorce) even though the mortgage was still joint with the ex , as per divorce agreement. However, The Iva company still did their calculations based on 50% share which I didn’t really notice or pay attention to at the time and paid for further 12 months.

12 months later and after paying the further 12 months based on the equity release clause, the Iva company are tidying up loose ends before my completion and noticed this conversation I had last year with them about the divorce and having 100% share, and not 50% as originally calculated. Slightly annoyed as it’s now going to a supervisor who may address this with my creditors.

Realistically what can they do because I argued if it’s either 50% or 100% then I would still be bound to the release clause of 12 months. And I still can’t remortgage now anyhow as the Iva is not completed. I am not going in for a 9th year and will argue this point above.

Confused.

Any advice. There may be some details missing but the most of it is there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure