PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    sistercas wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl:

i buy from HERE its my mums local butcher not mine , but they do an online service, i get the discount meat selection every couple of months . the meat is naturally grazed and traditionally finished , free range chickens and is excellent quality , not pumped up with water, therefore i need to use less :j there is no comparison with SM meat. the delivery is speedy too i buy enough to avoid the post and packing costs . HTH

Oh - they look really good value. Do you know if they deliver on a Saturday (they say 'Orders must be received before 12 noon Monday to Thursday to qualify for next day delivery' - I don't know if you can only order until Thursday for Friday delivery?)
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,486
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Gutted - it looks fab, but they don,t delivery to the Isle of Wight, anyone would think we were off shore...........
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    A NSD today..Took BabyD to a teddy bears picnic at my LOs school...need to take DS1 to sign up for a Foundation course tomorrow so will pick up some bits while in town....I definately need ham and more bread just to start with...
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • jasmin10
    jasmin10 Posts: 905 Forumite
    Have done 2nd shop of the month today and have recorded my spend in sig. Bit disappointed as I wanted some diced turkey/chicken to have enchiladas tonight but didnt have enough money :(

Decided to try Lid! again but it was still as awful as the first time I went. Got a few bits but nothing major and spent 16.52. Feel a bit miffed tho as I picked up a whole chicken for Sunday and in big bold numbers it said £2.07, bargain I thought. Just checked my receipt and it was actually £4.08, so feel a bit cheated, why put the price per kg in bigger flippin numbers than the real price. I them spent a hugh 39p in HB, £9.15 in Ald! and then 13.67 in Mr M's.

So I now have the huge sum of 43p left.

Fingers crossed for my enchiladas next week.
    TopCashback £1792.63
    My Little World
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    First spend of the month, £28 in Morrisons. Included two big jars of coffee, cocoa and a pork shoulder joint so I'm quite happy with that.

I was dreading coming home to see what OH had eaten this time but it wasn't too bad. He told me he forgot about the peppers and lettuce in the draw and I thought "oh god fridge swamp again" but they've actually kept fine!
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,842
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Spend day for me - just a 4 pinter of milk at the M&S garage shop. £1.35 to add to my total.

Just to add that Twinks can be frozen - I often do this to make them last!!!
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • Aldahbra
    Aldahbra Posts: 317
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jasmin10 wrote: »
    Decided to try Lid! again but it was still as awful as the first time I went. Got a few bits but nothing major and spent 16.52. Feel a bit miffed tho as I picked up a whole chicken for Sunday and in big bold numbers it said £2.07, bargain I thought. Just checked my receipt and it was actually £4.08, so feel a bit cheated, why put the price per kg in bigger flippin numbers than the real price.

To catch people in just the way they got you, that's why. It is no accident you thought it was the lower price.
    "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."
    ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
    Weight loss challenge:j: week 1 :(
    target 8lbs in 4 weeks
    Grocery Challenge June: £100/£500
    left to spend £400
    Declutter June: 0/100
    NSD 6 June/6 July: 0/2
  • Hello everyone,
    Hope you're all well.

My sister took me to MrM, well I guess yesterday now. I saw the advert for£2 B&J ice cream :o spent £21.75 in total. Got lots of fruit and veg, £6 was ice cream though' some baby wipes were 4 for £3. Also got a couple of shower gels and passata cartons as part of my 'stockpiling' did impulse buy some r0lo desserts on offer for £1, I'm blaming the ladies on the pregnancy group for making me fancy them ;) My sister was shocked though as she didn't go for anything and spent £80 and had nothing to show for it. At least I had two big bags full of useful food :)

Will quickly update my sig now before I forget.
    :j Baby boy arrived 22nd August 2012 :j
    :jSecond menace arrived safely 13th February 2014
    :j
    Debt Free Wannabee 2015
  • SusanP_2
    SusanP_2 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Just added up quickly before going to work...

£103.10 so far of £400 budget leaving me £296.90 until 31st July...

I hope I can do it, still believe it is achievable?!

I will cook everything up tonight and portion out, in true OS I am making rice crispy cakes for puddings this week, with added bonus of mini marshmallows....

Have a great day everyone
    Grocery Challenge Target £400!!

August 0/£400
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    NickJW wrote: »
    Oh - they look really good value. Do you know if they deliver on a Saturday (they say 'Orders must be received before 12 noon Monday to Thursday to qualify for next day delivery' - I don't know if you can only order until Thursday for Friday delivery?)

hmm not sure , i think the last i order i did may have been a friday and it didnt come till monday. sorry not much help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure