Nationwide FlexDirect - 3 years requirement

Hello,
I moved to the UK in May 2017. I have a current account already (and don't want to switch), a sub-prime credit card, and just got a 0% purchases one.
I want to open a FlexDirect account with Nationwide, but I've read on their site it requires 3 years of UK history which obviously I don't have yet.
Do you know if it's possible to get a FlexDirect even with a little more than 2 years of history?
Thanks!
Your cholesterol levels are not seen, or used, by your heart and arteries, so ignore it.
:eek:.

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Nationwide will tell you.
    You may pass their credit scoring - you may not - we can't say one way or the other on here.
  • gionnetto
    gionnetto Posts: 234
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Nationwide will tell you.
    You may pass their credit scoring - you may not - we can't say one way or the other on here.

The point of my question was, how hard of a requirement it is.
    Meaning, if I might pass their checks because it's not an absolute requirement, then I might do it and hope for the best. If the requirement is written in stone, I won't even try it. I don't like to chance it unless i know for sure it could be possible, albeit not guaranteed.
    Your cholesterol levels are not seen, or used, by your heart and arteries, so ignore it.
    :eek:.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    as jonesmufc has already said there is nobody on here that can tell you that information the best you can do is try - or alternatively contact Nationwide beforehand and see what they say
  • Ngozi
    Ngozi Posts: 175
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You know someone who already has one?

Like everyone has said, only Nationwide will know the answer but getting a recommendation link might help.
  • They’re lending criteria is commercially sensitive and confidential.

They’ll either accept you or not
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    gionnetto wrote: »
    I've read on their site it requires 3 years of UK history which obviously I don't have yet.
    Have you got a link to what exactly they are saying?
  • Emily_Joy
    Emily_Joy Posts: 1,208
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I imagine the OP refers to 3 years address history. This is a standard requirement for any credit type application. OP - you can try to make an appointment at a local branch.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,678
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I can confirm that having 3 years of UK address history is not a strict requirement, as I managed to open one without it. Usually you will have the option to either enter your overseas addresses, or select a "my previous address is overseas" box. They may factor it, along with the rest of your credit history into their decision however, so you still may not be guaranteed to get one - but you won't know until you try.
  • SlovakianGuy
    SlovakianGuy Posts: 303
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Isn't the same 3 years history required for any credit card? If you already have 2 credit cards, I guess it shouldn't be so hard to open a current account even if they require 3 years of history. I personally would pop in to their branch and ask them.
  • SlovakianGuy
    SlovakianGuy Posts: 303
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Btw, why you don't want to switch? You can earn £100 for free. If you want to keep your old current account, just open another one and then switch it to Nationwide. You just need 2 active direct debits on the account that is being switched to Nationwide. Since you already have 2 credit cards, you can set up a direct debit for each.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure