Let's do this!

Comments

• Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Well my spending this month has been carp. I'm pretty skint and I still have just over a week until payday :o

I've not made any major spends, it's just little things here and there. Some bits have been for the business, other bits have been snacks, bottles of wine etc.

To top it off we go down to my family's this weekend which will cost about £40 in petrol and we're going out for a meal as it's a family member's birthday. I think it will have to go on the CC which I hate doing, but hubby and I are happy not to go mad with the meal. I do begrudge it...family things are difficult for me as that's the reason I'm in therapy without going into details :o

Anyway, next month I'll reign it in again and be more careful with my spending. I don't want to go back to being skint before the end of each month.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Lilith first up congrats on your graduation, I bet some money had to be spent there , if I remember cap and gown plus photos cost the best part of £100 .

I get what you mean about spending money when you don't really want to, given the circumstances I think you just have to do what you have to do and re-evaluate on pay day.

Is the new office up and running and the business you hope to run/ are running underway yet.?
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith first up congrats on your graduation, I bet some money had to be spent there , if I remember cap and gown plus photos cost the best part of £100 .

I get what you mean about spending money when you don't really want to, given the circumstances I think you just have to do what you have to do and re-evaluate on pay day.

Is the new office up and running and the business you hope to run/ are running underway yet.?

Hi Cumbria Lass, yes the graduation gown, binding of the thesis, photos, and professional registration cost £400! That wiped out my rainy day fund :(

New office is ready to go! I actually have someone coming for an initial meeting for counselling in a couple of weeks so I'm hoping they don't back out before then :rotfl:

We've been told it can take 1-2 years to break even, so I'm a bit worried how things will pan out as we only have five months' rent money. But, I'm trying to remain positive. I'm promoting us where I can so I think it's a case of easing into it :o
  • System
    Wow £400 is a large amount, obviously my DD and DS only had cap, gown and photos . Hope your first client goes well, it's very exciting for you.

I am sure it will be a success your business , it's just a case of wait and see I guess.
  • Lilith1980
    Wow £400 is a large amount, obviously my DD and DS only had cap, gown and photos . Hope your first client goes well, it's very exciting for you.

I am sure it will be a success your business , it's just a case of wait and see I guess.

Thanks Cumbria Lass. Unfortunately, the client contacted me yesterday and said they no longer wanted to meet as they weren't ready :( Obviously it's their choice, it's just a bit disappointing but I have to remember we're only a few weeks into things!

Family trip was okay, I coped better than I have done previously so the therapy is helping, but it still leaves me drained. My credit card has an extra £72 on it, but couldn't be avoided as it was a relative's birthday and we split the bill when we went out for a meal and paid for them. I'd normally try and put money aside for things like this, but things didn't work out that way this month.

What irked me is that some family members ordered more food/drinks than others when we all paid an equal share. I bit my tongue as it was a birthday meal, but in future if it's just a normal meal I'll say me and hubby will pay for ourselves.

I'd really appreciate a storm right now, as this heat is getting to me now :rotfl:
  • System
    I wrote a reply and then lost it! I think you did really well on your visit , but agree about the splitting of the bill, there are always the people who order more or the most expensive stuff. You went anyway and that was a good thing, maybe an early night will make you feel better tomorrow.

As for the client, it takes time to build up a business and am sure it will get going soon. The weather here has been very pleasant for the past three days around 21c and we have had a little rain. Nighttime has been good for sleeping. It's supposed to be getting warmer again. I can't remember where you are in the country , but I can't stand the heat, so glad to be here in the north west today, though we are having a hosepipe ban from the 5th August.
  • Lilith1980
    I wrote a reply and then lost it! I think you did really well on your visit , but agree about the splitting of the bill, there are always the people who order more or the most expensive stuff. You went anyway and that was a good thing, maybe an early night will make you feel better tomorrow.

As for the client, it takes time to build up a business and am sure it will get going soon. The weather here has been very pleasant for the past three days around 21c and we have had a little rain. Nighttime has been good for sleeping. It's supposed to be getting warmer again. I can't remember where you are in the country , but I can't stand the heat, so glad to be here in the north west today, though we are having a hosepipe ban from the 5th August.

Thanks Cumbria, we're in Staffordshire. I shouldn't really moan about the weather, but it's been so warm at night so my sleep is suffering. Glad it's been cooler where you are...I'll keep hoping! :)
  • System
    We aren't that far away in Manchester, just shows how strange the weather is .
  • Lilith1980
    We aren't that far away in Manchester, just shows how strange the weather is .

Very strange! Typical UK!
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi Lilith,

Just catching up on your diary. Well done on your graduation and well deserved.

Shame about your first client but in a few years you will have a waiting list of clients :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback