IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

***Help a Canadian visitor with a PPT please!***

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    And given the time zone difference, you could do our night shift, it will allow Coupon-mad to get to bed a bit earlier! :rotfl:

Love it Umk, a 24 hour anti scam service:T
  • juxepe
    Options
    Haha will do!

I spoke too early though, Easirent just replied:

"As per our terms and conditions, an admin fee of £55 is applied to all motoring offences received.

You also sign a payment authorisation form which states:

I hereby agree to any additional charges that may result from :

Traffic offences. An administration charge of £55 per parking offences PLUS the penalty charge (where necessary), any penalty charges for speeding/road traffic offences (including bus lane offences & London Congestion Charge) and any other traffic infringement.

I have attached a copy of your rental agreement and payment authorisation form for you.

However, if your appeal with UK Car Park Management is successful and they cancel this penalty, please forward cancellation to myself, and I will be able to raise a credit with our leasing company."

They don't quit, these people!
  • beamerguy
    Options
    juxepe wrote: »
    Traffic offences. An administration charge of £55 per parking offences PLUS the penalty charge (where necessary), any penalty charges for speeding/road traffic offences (including bus lane offences & London Congestion Charge) and any other traffic infringement.

A private parking ticket is not a Traffic offence or infringement
    I note they do not mention private land to which none of
    the above applies
  • juxepe
    Options
    Thanks. My response to the email:

I understand and agree that I agreed to the T&C of paying for motoring offences and parking charges - however Easirent needs to understand Private Parking Companies CANNOT and DO NOT issue fines/tickets, they can give me invoices only.

IT is NOT a parking charge from a council, rather it is an invoice from a Private Company that claims I have breached their parking terms, which I am disputing. They have NO authority to issue fines/tickets, as they not enforceable. In your T&Cs I've noted you haven't mentioned private land, to which parking offences and infringements don't apply.

Please see section 56 schedule 4 in the POFA Act 2012, linked here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/pdfs/ukpga_20120009_en.pdf

Furthermore UK CPM had no right to contact you for my details as I had already appealed to them and they had my address and full details at hand. My right in this can also be found under section 56 schedule 4.

Therefore Easirent must first identify Private Parking Tickets in its T&Cs before charging me an admin fee - and as such your admin fee does not apply to me in this case and I again ask you to reverse it as I am challenging it.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Be very interesting to see how they reply, infact it will
    very difficult for them to add anything on top of
    their T&C's after the event
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,721 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If you haven't sent that email yet, I would change:
    I understand and agree that I agreed to the T&C of paying for motoring offences, bus lane fines and [STRIKE]parking charges[/STRIKE] traffic infringements.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • juxepe
    juxepe Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    If you haven't sent that email yet, I would change:

Ah sorry, too late I'd already sent it out
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,721 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OK, I was just concerned you've said you agree they can act on 'parking charges' and this is one.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • juxepe
    Options
    Update, their reply:

As previously explained, if you have this cancelled we will gladly refund the admin fee on receipt of a cancellation notice.

I cannot help you further with this, please contact customer.services@easirent.com for further complaints.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    juxepe wrote: »
    Update, their reply:

As previously explained, if you have this cancelled we will gladly refund the admin fee on receipt of a cancellation notice.

I cannot help you further with this, please contact customer.services@easirent.com for further complaints.

So one would imagine that you can now go to your credit
    card company and place the charge in dispute which is due
    to their T&C's not referring to parking on private land.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure