Kalyweb Services

Good evening all,

Hoping someone can help?

My wife applied for travel visas for Canada in September, online.

She googled online, clicked and completed and that was that.

It turns out that she has done them through a company called Kalyweb.

I've googled them and found a Facebook page and also appears they are a French company, but I haven't a clue beyond that.

I've had an email confirmation but my wife hasn't.

Has anyone at all had dealings with them? I don't know if she's given our details to a dodgy company, just maybe used an agent that takes commission?

Haven't a clue and would love to hear from someone who can put our minds at rest please?

T.I.A.

Ian

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Tell you wife not to just Google things and click on random links.

Did you pay much more than CAD$7 pp for the official Canadian ETA?
    https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/apply.html
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Westin wrote: »
    Did you pay much more than CAD$7 pp for the official Canadian ETA?

Kalyweb charge £70.31 / €79 for an ETA!!!
  • Carpman1962
    Carpman1962 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Thanks for the replies.

Trust me she knows. She was livid with herself

I understand that what we paid is far over the odds but more than anything, I was more concerned that Kalyweb Services were a genuine company?

Anyone know this?
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I understand that what we paid is far over the odds but more than anything, I was more concerned that Kalyweb Services were a genuine company?

They are more than likely a "genuine" company in as much as they do what they say, and apply for the eTA on your behalf with the details you give them. Then charge a hefty sum for that service.

You can check the status of your eTA on the official Canadian Government website https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eta/applicationQuery?lang=en

You say you have received an email confirmation. First thing I would do, is go there and check your eTA is genuine and the details are correct.

If your wife hasn't received an email then you should be chasing them to find out what's happened... it may just be that the email has gone astray. But there's no reason it should take this long (should take minutes, sometimes a couple of days for an eTA to process).
  • Is there anyway to cancel/get a refund? I’ve just been caught out with the exact same company.
  • What was the outcome? Did you get the visas?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Do people not read the standing threads on what to do with these rip-off sites?
  • Carpman1962
    Carpman1962 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Hi all,

As an update, we've still not had any extra emails back stating that everything is in hand and the visa requests have been lodged. They said we'd hear within 72 hours in their email to me.

The missus did get the same email but was in her spam :o

So, no more contact from them - tried calling them this morning as it has a UK number and just get constant music playing and no-one answering. The wife tried their French number and got the same.

The wife checked on her Lloyds credit card and the payment has been made. She is just talking to the bank now to see if she can do a charge back. There was some smallprint in amongst the Kalyweb invoice/rules stating that you cannot reclaim your money on this type of service offered, so we will see how this pans out.

I'd rather get the money back, go directly through the Canadian authorities and worry about the legal !!!! later, as right now, I just want to know that I can get into the country ok in September :)
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Why wait until you get your money back before doing it the official way, just do it now, its only a few dollars.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    pogofish wrote: »
    Do people not read the standing threads on what to do with these rip-off sites?

Obviously not, as it's generally newbies who don't turn up here until they search after the event when something goes wrong. Just as they miss all the warnings on TV both on consumer shows and news programmes, together with newspaper reports. Smart enough to use the internet but still people fall for these scammy sites.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure