Home fitness

Hi folks,I'm a 45 year old male that would like to do a little bit of fitness at home,I'm thinking about getting some resistance bands,does anyone have them at home that could advise me where to get some and which ones to buy?I'm out of shape,I'm unable to leave my home for long as I'm a carer,it looks like I'm going to blow the dust off my exercise bike.
I have just found out today that I'm diabetic so I'm worried but I'm trying to be positive and want to shift weight and get stronger,any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Ebay, I would get a set of them because various exercises need different resistances.
  • Have you thought about body weight exercises. I can’t speak highly enough of them. No equipment needed.
  • nutjob666
    nutjob666 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Have you thought about body weight exercises. I can’t speak highly enough of them. No equipment needed.
    Thanks I shall have to read about those,I can also plug my laptop in to my big tv and see what there is on youtube,I can only do about 10 press ups but it will be interesting to see how I progress as I get lighter and fitter.
  • nutjob666
    Ebay, I would get a set of them because various exercises need different resistances.
    Thanks I shall have a look
  • hatter68
    hatter68 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Have you thought about body weight exercises. I can’t speak highly enough of them. No equipment needed.

I have had good results using Mark Lauren You are your own gym DVD no equipment needed just an exercise mat maybe.
  • nutjob666
    hatter68 wrote: »
    I have had good results using Mark Lauren You are your own gym DVD no equipment needed just an exercise mat maybe.
    Thanks,I will have a proper look at that tomorrow,I have had a quick look on youtube,he's in great shape that chap
  • hatter68
    hatter68 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    nutjob666 wrote: »
    Thanks,I will have a proper look at that tomorrow,I have had a quick look on youtube,he's in great shape that chap

He has a facebook page which is quite busy as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure