NST Penny Pinching GoSober Stoptober

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Persevered with the tidying, moved drawers and the bed, persuaded DS3 to turn the mattress, had a hot epsom salts bath, clean sheets on, duvet complete with cover, pillows in pillowcases, slept in lovely empty bed. Still surrounded by bags of semi-sorted stuff (early stuff was very sorted, later stuff it was more a case of fabric - clothes, bedding, rags, fabric - all in one bag) and stuff picked up off the floor (did sort out tiny items -b uttons sequins, needles - into a small tub) and then swept up remaining rubbish.

Bed is an ocean of calm and peace, love and tranquility will spread out from there to all parts of the house.

No word from DS2 last night. Put computer on whilst working through my mornng pills - message from DS2, no time to bring keys round could I be at his flat by 10am (had agreed on 11am:eek::eek:). Threw clothes on, collected books to read, small puzzle book, purse, glasses, hanky etc, quick trip to little Arseda to get mum's shopping plus sandwiches and drinks for me (sorry but it was either that or starve) and made it to his flat 1 minute before he did.

Was waiting in for plumber to come and mend his tap. He set up Netflix for me and I opted to watch Red 2 (fun and easy viewing, bot fussed if I missed a plot twist or 2). I sat on his couch (legs stretched out in front of me) eating a sandwich and chocolate. Man arrived just before DS2 came back at dinner time. Job done. DS2 carried my bags downstairs (I had seeen an abandoned trolley earlier and dumped my bags in it and had something to hold onto). Dizziness is receding slowly but still severe.

Walked down the road to taxi place (not my usual one) and went to mum's. Not done much there (had brought shopping and cash). filled in a bit more jigsaw, read a little. Feeling absolutely wiped out but okay now I'm back in bed.

Today I am grateful for getting things done and being able to chill out a bit, will leave everything else until tomorrow.

Today I'm grateful for
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all :j

Challenge: Oops forgot this one yesterday! Don't smoke & rarely drink either, so it has to be giving up unhealthy snacks..Not great today tbh. DD said she fancied Lebkuchen as it was nearly Christmas (!) and she was watching Christmas QVC. Stupidly I found a bag of them leftover from last year, so keep dipping into them. Have left them downstairs to avoid further snacking.

No Spend Challenge:
    Do like the sound of this but do my shopping on Tuesday, I could prep by shopping at the weekend but hate going then & never do if humanly possible to avoid....hmm will have to ponder. Will make an exception for Tuesday & try for a 6 day week.. Spending freeze today.

Organise. Start as you mean to go on. Know the contents of your fridge, freezer and cupboards. Plan your meals around them. Cook from scratch. Don't buy anything you can make unless cost /time taken dictates otherwise. If you are new to turtle challenges or still have full cupboards you could try living from the cupboards. Leftover butter sandwiches :( from yesterday for lunch, made a chinesey thing for supper with YS rainbow stirfry still OK from last week.

Regular budget items should be set by 1st October. If you don't know how much you are spending on food or petrol, now is the time to find out. Question every purchase - need or want? No purchases today.

No Spend Days. Aim for 20 (high target) or 15 (low). Am aiming for 15 but hoping for more. Now 8/15.

Improvise. Make do and mend with a creative twist. think of a substitute ingredient, how to make an old/broken piece of furniture last a little longer. Not today.

Exercise Four times a week at least (20 minutes minimum but can be done 10 minutes at a time). Get outside in daylight as often as possible. Very bad weather & very windy today, not much time outside at all.

Christmas Looked at some online sites with a view to purchase when spending freeze thaws.

Banned Will only be chippys normally with the odd takeaway planned for a celebration etc. No takeaways today.

Extra Income and Extra time Very bitty day & not much done, so extra time in short supply. Must get my act together before we go away though, list of jobs very long..

Report in, daily if possible I'm here..

Go turtles !!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Hi everyone :coffee:
    Didn't check in yesterday as I was just too tired. Work, followed by ds swimming lesson, followed by half the grocery shop in Mr S (I'm doing the other half in Liddle this morning). It's been a long and tiring week, and still another to go before half term.
    Reached my 1 stone weightloss - long way to go but I'm pleased to be making progress.
    Other than that - I'm just tired as always. I'm going to get dressed and shop in a minute, then catching up with bestie later, but I intend to do lots of relaxing...
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm full of cold and generally feeling rubbish. Worked yesterday and it felt like the longest day ever. Would like to have run today but don't have the energy.

For those of you with things to get rid of please try to freecycle them, it's great for those things that are worth something but perhaps not in the monetary sense. I've done it many times and if I'm not in I leave things outside so they can just take it.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 768 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi lovely turtles

Organise-- today Id like to look at our halloween stuff.
    Regular Budget-- still the same, £80.
    NSD/challenge- today is number 11. 6th in a row.
    Xmas- no plans for today. lager is in my shopping list though as I am starting to pick things up as I go along. I now have all the chocolate & biscuits in & the bucks fizz :beer:
    No take aways- nope
    Extra- off to Tesco in search of free crisps!!
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Checking in from yesterday, didn't manage a NSD. A friend was having engagement drinks (who knew that was a thing) so I went after work. Kept it cheap by buying chips for dinner and just one glass of pepsi, so only spent just under £5. :j also had a headache so that was a good excuse to slip out early.

Today was meant to be a NSD but I can't find my padlock anywhere so just had to buy one for use at the gym grrr. £5 spent today, so am still on 8 NSD's. Just doing some leg stuff at gym, it's only my second time back so I'm still aching from the first visit on Thursday :rotfl:
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,800 as of 04/24
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,870 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Today is NSD 10

The cheap-o desk is only useable up against a wall as it has drunken right hand legs, mind you it has outlived 3 houses, and has been through 6 rooms in that time. After all that shunting around, no wonder the legs have given out. It makes a newborn giraffe look positively stable. Couldn't even repurpose the top as a shelf I'm afraid. It has given good service.

Need to shop tomorrow though. Very low on essentials.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Hello everyone!

Sorry it's been so long since I have posted on here, I have been so busy the last week.
    Monday was a NSD. Me and my son went to a grow it, cook it, share it group. We went into the garden and picked some veggies and then tried them made into sort of a ratatouille. My son being the greedy begger he is, went around everyone elses plates and had some!! We got to take a big bag of veggies home too which were lovely!
    Tuesday I took mum out shopping and managed to go into my over draft :o but I did get some xmas presents and I got a few bits for free off a FB site. Got some door letters for my sons door, some DVD's (one was still sealed so that was an xmas gift), a gift set for my auntie and some soaps I won in a raffle that I will use as gifts.
    Then the rest of the week my money went on !!!!. So I got paid on Thursday and now have £0 to live on until next Thursday! (did keep £20 aside for work meal tomorrow) Car has half a tank and there is food in the house so all should be ok but so annoyed with myself. However I did make sure I paid my credit card first before buying anything and I will be doing the same this week as well!

Hope you're all ok! Going to catch up on thread now :D

Challenge - Not eaten healthy really the last few days
    Organise - Will make lunch to take into work tomorrow. For the week ahead, Monday is chill day, Tuesday at mums, Wednesday at work so will take lunch in, Thursday we're going to a friends b/day party at a play area so that will be eating out but will come out of the budget, Friday I'm working so again will take lunch in. I'm off the weekend so will see what free baby groups there are or just chill.
    No Spend Days - Did get 1 in the week (failed the freeze!) and spent today on lunch..
    Improvise. Make do and mend with a creative twist - None today.
    Exercise Four times a week at least - Working so not had a chance.
    Christmas - None today
    Banned Takeaways, coffee shops, chippys, pie shops, vending machines, sandwich bars etc. - This has gone out the window the last few days!
    Extra Income or Extra time for the time poor - None today.
    Report in - Hello!

C xx
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all,
    Very warm and very windy here in SE London! 5 loads of washing line dried though - result!
    Today was a spend day. Both DD and I got our eyebrows waxed (£10) and I needed tights/pop socks for work so another £8 from my personal spends there. Also did the weekly food shop with DS2 and got his hair cut. So a spendy day but we are now stocked up for the week, apart from milk, f&v top ups.

NSDs - still on 6/15
    Budgets - all done and accounted for.
    Exercise - keeping to my steps for the day but could do more with this.
    Banned - takeaway last night, meal out tonight. Ooops.
    Christmas - bought 4 for £1 gift bags in Card Factory and had a look in Wilkos for a few foodie bits and ideas. Almost bought the advent calendars but held myself back!

Have a good day all,
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    clc - Congratulations on your weight loss.
    Dolly - Sorry you are unwell. Sending you hugs.
    Challenge – Do more self-care. Still doing my 365 days of self care journal and 365 tiny love challenges.
    Organise. This I must to. Used what I had in. Still on track with using things already in. Used up 4 toiletries.
    No Spend Days 11/20 Was an NSD.
    Exercise Walked to/from station through park and also did the charity walk.
    Christmas This is already sorted. Have put money into a savings account each month for the year. Immediate family all get money. Christmas will be a difficult time for me so I will concentrate on self-care. Will decide after 2nd December - my Mum's first anniversary of her death.
    Banned - Brought my own refreshments with me whilst out.
    Extra Income Did a survey.
    Report - Reporting in.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills