Credit Card Reclaiming Success Stories

Comments

• Provider: MINT
    Amount Reclaimed: Requested statement of charges
    Amount they paid: £136.08
    The story:
    Sent Martins first letter template to MINT on 10 Oct requesting statement of charges & £10 fee. Received letter (& statement with £462 of charges) last w/e dated 17 Oct which read..."having reviewed your case and as a gesture of goodwill and without admission of liability or error, we are prepared to offer the amount of £136.08. This represents a refund of the difference between our original £20 and the current £12 late payment charge and includes any associated interest charges".
    As far as I'm concerned this is a great result as I haven't had to do any follow up actions and I thought it was money I had lost forever as I'm always paying late or forgetting to pay! I will take the money and lower the debt with them and now make an effort to pay off the remaining £750 quickly. The £10 fee was cashed by them yesterday.

And now for the bigger bank charges...£160 charge in 1 day, £340 over 1 week!!!
    GOOD LUCK everyone & thanks Martin for a brilliant site!
  • It's taken the best part of a year, but thanks to this site and the Financial Ombudsman Service claims department I have now received an offer to repay the full amount of my claim from MBNA Europe Bank Limited :T There were times when I really couldn't be bothered to reply to the letters saying MBNA don't accept that they acted illegally, and I was tempted to just let it go - it's only a few hundred quid after all so it's hardly life changing :confused: But the reality is that it's only a few hundred quid of MY MONEY and I wanted it - so for the cost of a few stamps and a few letters and a lot of waiting I am looking forward to receiving the rest of MY MONEY from MBNA :beer: I suppose I might not have bothered if they hadn't given me a CCJ just because I lost my job and couldn't keep up repayments so I suppose it serves them right :rolleyes:

It's YOUR money, so go get it back :money:
  • MBNA cc

Asked for £800 back
    1st goodwill gesture £317
    Sent LBA , 2nd goodwill gesture £396 , total £713 , close enough.
    ;) Member of change Pip's name back to PIP club ;)

:jI've only blooming got my name on it :j
  • Just received a settlement from the Halifax Visa after refering them to the FO. Initially they offered nothing, then £75.00. The FO. received my letter and replied September 29th, then one month later I had an offer of the full amount plus 8% plus two more late payment charges I HADN'T ASKED FOR!!!
    Seems a coincidence they sent an offer after the FO became involved!The amou nt wasn't large but I received the full amount.Whohoooo .Thankyou for all the help and advice, Stick with it everyone!! Tatton lady xx
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    BARCLAYCARD

Amount claimed £700
    Amount Paid £1070 (Don't ask - i didn't)

Court wrongly stayed case, but Barclaycard settled anyway.
  • Hey everyone DONT give up i was about to when some of the guys on this site told me to call barclaycard litigation dpt which i did this morning. so glad i did i spoke to emma thomson who is dealing with my claim and she told me that barclaycard are ready to settle.
    I will get all charges refunded and 8% interest and court cost. wow :j :j thats over £700 in my pocket i was beginning to think i would never get back.
    so DONT GIVE UP
    Thank you so so much everyone on this site.:T :T :T
    :eek: :eek: :eek: Thats all my claims closed now. What am i gonna do with meself :A
  • says i will have it by 9am in the morning recorded delivery a letter to sign and return
  • Provider: Monument Credit Card
    Amount Claimed: £324 + 8% Stat Int + Court Costs
    Amount Received: £324 + 8% Stat Int + Court Costs

Received SAR statements 1st August - £10 returned
    1st rejection letter 14th August offering only difference between charges & £12

2nd Rejection letter 20th August - Final Response

Final Rejection letter 28th August - in response to LBA

Raised a small claims summons against Barclays Bank T/A as Monument on 10 Sep at Local Sheriff Court - claim below £750 & in last 5 years

Barclays noted an intention to defend before return date 24 Oct

Attended hearing date today (31 Oct) - Barclays did not bother to send anyone and entered a written defence fom English Solicitors:rotfl:

Awarded my summons by default!!!!:beer:

Thanks to Martin & CAG for all advice - of the institutions I have chased these are the ones who played the hardest! Do not give up!
  • Knackered
    Knackered Posts: 243 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Egg defeated. £267 recalimed.
  • jacquie3167
    jacquie3167 Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    Provider: Sainsbury's Bank
    Amount claimed: £550.00
    Amount they paid:
    £320.00
    The story:

6th Sept - Wrote to Sainsbury's Bank requesting a list of fees charged.

18th Oct - Wrote to request the difference between the £550.00 charged and the fairness threshold.

3rd Nov - Received an offer of £320.00 (which I am extremely happy with!)

:money:you have helped me so much. I cannot say "Thank you" enough. :kisses3:
    Eleventh Heaven No. 321
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure