247 Home Rescue Contract Complaint

gsm8
gsm8 Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 29 November 2021 at 9:58AM in Energy
Disappointing customer care. I am a landlord and have several properties under the care of 247 home rescue. I have been a customer since mid last year. Was promised by sales team at the time of sign up, free annual checks including landlord CP12 certificates (within 3 months as mine was running out by than, if I changed). Have called enormous times to arrange for an annual service and CP12 to the properties but no luck. Just getting excuses after excuses and the last recent excuse that they do not have my properties registered for a CP12. Interesting as have a letter from the head of department stating that entitled to a CP12. The claims team states they are investigating the matter as there is no record on file to indicate the latter and the head of department does not recollect authorizing this. So I email them a copy of the letter and still wait for response???

First was told I have to wait a certain number of months before eligible for engineer to be sent out to do a boiler check. Then was told engineer will call us when boiler check is due. Then was told different engineers are being compared to source which could do a call out. Then was told that they block book engineers as per area. I have more excuses noted that would fill the page up. It has been 5 months of chasing up with still no engineer. There is no team leader or manager that I could accelerate to?? The T&C do state that within the 12 mths an annual service would be carried out, however my calls and complaint is I need a CP12 and as a landlord I and the tenant are at risk. Spoken to CAB followed advise have complaint to the company and have to follow up with letters as evidence before I could take any action. I only changed to 247 home rescue due to their heavy advertising, price and only after several calls from them on assurance of quality and trust. The sales team that sold me the policies still are with the company. I was previously with British Gas with no hassle and no stress thou expensive. I am now worried for my tenants safety that could be more expensive. I have even have sent a complaint letter to 247 office with a deadline to respond, which has not been acknowledged nor responded too. I am beginning to wonder if they have structured systems and procedures or even engineers? 247 still advertises heavily.

If you are a landlord or even thinking of joining as a home owner I may ask you to think twice based on my recent experiences. I have not needed for an engineer to be called out for a repair - wonder how that response would be? The claims team however does courteously state that you are free to terminate the contract at any time and stop the direct debit and there will not be any charges. Hello?? what about all the payments that have been done for past 10 months??? Do i get a refund - No - as by the t&c there will be an annual check within the 12 mths.

So I asked could you please give me some appointment dates as we all work including the tenants and the response we are unable to provide you with dates as that is the job of the engineers. So can I contact the service engineers - response No - as clients are nor privileged to service engineers contact numbers???

The time spent chasing for 247 to undertake the promise and job is been frustrating and stressful, but the claims team are well refined in providing you with excuses and excuses. In my case I have arranged for an engineer to visit my premises for a service an check for safety to obtain a landlord certificate at an additional cost to me as safety is important. I am breaking the law not having one despite 247 knowing this. What has been your experience???

Comments

• I have read your post and agree with everything you say!
    This company 247 HR is attrocious. Their cutomer service is rock-bottom.
    I am currently trying to dump them but they are difficult to shake off. Their cold-calling sales methods should be enough to put one off going with them but they offer every possible enticement including a free boiler service that one can have almost immediately. But.......when you try to obtain that it simply doesn't happen but if it did it automatically converts a one-month-rolling-contract (OMRC) into a 12 month binding contract. In other words theybtrick you into providind bank details thinking that you can opt out at any time without penalty but in essence you never had cover under the OMRC.
    I believe they are guilty of misselling and I may take this on legally and with this aim I have asked them for a meeting to evaluate the original sales recording of my conversationsvwith their rep.
    If you have anything to add I would be interested to hear it.
    Good luck if you are still with them.
  • In addition to what I posted previously I must say that the word "free" was used liberally in their sales pitch on the phone. I believe that where this word is used vis a vis a check or boiler service must in law not have a hidden rider that the contract will change should one take up that feature of the cover.
    In other words the term "free" is a misnomer!
    Even if they have placed some reference to that effect in their term and conditions they are still guilty of misselling!
  • PS: I have a post on 247 hr waiting to be reviewed by the forum team which I hope will be available shortly. I have also sent a complaint email to 247.
    If I dont get a meeting or satisfaction from my email to 247 complaints dept I am going to write to the individual directors. The names of these guys are freely available on the Companies House site.
  • I too have just fallen foul to the 24/7 Home Rescue repair plan. I was pointed in the direction of 24/7 (by Neff UK) to repair my dishwasher. At the time of calling I was informed that it would be a non-refundable £80 deposit for an engineer to visit, this would cover the cost of parts up to £170. I was also informed that it would be a requirement to take out a 12 month plan costing £5 per month, but this would be cancelled if the dishwasher could not be repaired.

Engineer visited once, ordered a new part, another 10 days goes by before he re-visits only to find that the problem wasn't with the part he thought was faulty. In fact the motor unit was burnt out and as the dishwasher was 10 years old a replacement motor would not be found, therefore, the dishwasher was NOT repaired.

I cancelled the dd and telephoned 24/7 asking for the £5 (first dd instalment) to be refunded. I was informed that it would be looked in to.

Two weeks later, I have now received an invoice asking me to pay £120. When I called to ask why, I was told that this is the "cancellation fee" for cancelling the plan. Funny that my invoice is for £120 and if I recall correctly I think another post from someone (Mally R) that had problems with their boiler has also been sent an invoice totalling £120 for "boiler and service charge".

I am now waiting for a Manager to call. I too have also asked them to find my initial "recorded" phone call to prove that the Customer Service Adviser said that "the plan can be cancelled if the dishwasher cannot be repaired". Also I was never sent a confirmation email detailing the T&C, so I have asked them to find the initial email they sent and re-forward on to me.

This will be interesting .....

DO NOT USE 24/7 HOME RESCUE - instead contact Domestic & General. I have never had problems with D&G and am severely kicking myself as to why I did not contact them about repairing my dishwasher. My new dishwasher is covered by D&G together with my tv and washing machine.
  • When we received our letter with the contract details it clearly stated "we pride ourselves in providing a swift response in home emergencies" and highlighted "priority customers," where they would try to ensure that properties with residents over 60 or with special medical conditions are treated as a priority. Well my wife and I are both over 60 and she is on medication that makes her very susceptible to the cold.
    However, on contacting "24/7" on a Sunday following a boiler failure we were offered a choice -
    either wait until Monday and speak to Ideal Boilers who would have whatever parts were needed, or use another contractor on Sunday who may well then need to order parts from Ideal.
    I chose to wait until Monday, but expecting the 24/7 service levels. I was given a contact telephone number for Ideal and told to ring them on Monday morning, but when I spoke to them the earliest they could do was Thursday, and this remained the situation despite speaking to 2 ladies in 24/7 asking for the visit to be prioritised.

I really don't know what we've been paying for.
  • Right here goes:
    Bought cover for all my appliances at beginning of Dec 15, unfortunately tumble drier decided to break down during peak usage & fortunately 5 days after cooling off period ended. But guess what 247 home rescue would honour they're unlimited call out & made me pay £70 for them to come out. After war & peace they have finally agreed to fix it but only after I had to source the part for myself because their 3rd party engineer didn't have the intellect to try and get from the manufacturer - go figure!

But now here's the winner - for ease I'll bullet point:
    - dishwasher broken - engineer called - needs 2 X controller units & heating elements - report sent to 247 saying it will cost £800 odd - 247 say not economical to fix and as new customer I will not get any contribution to new machine. Investigated myself - engineer quoted £220 for each controller - I got quote of sub-£70 to get direct from supplier similar pricing for the heating element. Now it seems that the engineer was going to make £400 just off my call.
    But he must do 5-8 calls a day, so based on this he's earning more money than Donald Trump everyday!
    Told 247 - they couldn't care less and even at the lower parts prices they still won't come out and repair it!

REMIND ME - WHAT AM I ACTUALLY PAYING FOR! THEY ARE ABSOLUTE THIEVES AND NOW THEY ARE TEAMING UP WITH AGE UK - another rip off for our pensioners!
  • I have to agree with other people who have been unfortunate to come across this company they are useless please avoid. I took boiler cover was told will cover boiler if it go,s wrong was mis lead because told only covered if boiler totally not working when I phoned them ask to speak to Mgr got supervisor who said Kevin mgr will call u in 4 hrs still waiting I was told this is a rolling contract and can cancel any time with out charge when I originally took cover out. I hope they honour what they speech. Will keep u posted if they comeback to me No Star rating as customer service is appalling. As for MD details I was refused.
  • We took out a contract with 24/7 back in Dec 15. About a month ago we booked an annual service which took place a day before the Easter break.
    The service engineer spent around 3 hours on the boiler at the end of which (around 4pm) we were told it had 3 broken parts and is not working. As it was Easter the engineer said there was nothing he could do till after the Easter break (5 days away) and left. First of all the boiler had been working perfectly until the engineer started and was working when he arrived. I contacted 24/7 claims straight away and was told that they had to wait for the engineers report which then goes to the authorisation section which is then forwarded to the claims section. I complained to them
    (2 complaint emails but no response to date) that the boiler was working fine, their engineer broke it (he didn’t look competent as he was struggling to open the boiler) and that they had left us with a broken boiler with no heating and hot water during the Easter holidays.
    I received no compassion or understand except that there was nothing they could do till the engineers report was with them. I phoned the contractor who assured me that the report was sent that day on Easter Eve. I phoned them every day during the holidays and was told each time that the report was not with them.
    After the Easter holiday, I phoned again and was told that they had received the report and it states that the boiler was already broken or due to the brittleness of parts broke while being serviced and that they were not liable for repairs (refer to T/C’s chestnut). They had received a costing of the repairs which came to about £600. I was told that it was not cost effective to repair due to the age and we would have to have it replaced. This was 6 days after the event. They left me with no option to have the boiler replaced at a cost to us.
    At no time did I get any sympathy or assistance to finding a solution. I made many calls and each time someone would call you back but no one ever did till 6 days later. They broke my boiler and said they are not under liability to repair or replace.
    Their Customer Service is terrible and it seems they were looking at ways to get out of fixing my boiler after breaking it.
    Been nothing but heart ache on this claim and I wish I had read the reviews of other disgusted customers before I joined them.
    I tried to contact their Director Hassan Khonat but was not allowed to by his staff. I understand that he is passionate about Customer Service and providing a caring service.
    “ Operations Director of 24|7 Home Rescue, Hassan Khonat said: “As a company, our ethos is that we help, we repair but most of all we care…..”
    So caring and compassionate that he is not contactable!

Beware as they don’t really have a complaint procedure or are regulated !!

Mr T Khan
  • siddiqui_2
    siddiqui_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 13 September 2018 at 9:25AM
    I had a very bad experience with 24/7 {text removed by MSE Forum Team} veware of this company i claimed fir my fridge freezer on 1st week of january cos my freezer temperature was dropping down they send a engineer through thier contracter we repair is xalled something bunch of ciwboy engineer . Well he come around to look my fridge freezer after a week said is a probkem with defrost heater evaporater again after 10 days someone come around to change a part and ge was changing other parts and said orevious engineer said wrong fault again problem is there like this they send 2 more engineer to fix parts in the period of 3 to 4 months but problem is same thier engineer never looked around the appliance jyst pop in house open the fridfe freezer doir and say this is a problem at the end last engineer said ur fridge freezer is not repairable and they will give u a replacement lasr week thier 247 advisor contacted me that ur appliance is not repairable and we dont do any replacement i have reported to financial ombudsman about this matter they will contact with tgem soon also i m going to complaint to trading srandard as well so beware of this 247 company {text removed by MSE Forum Team} .
  • 247 HOME Rescue, Worst company I have ever dealt with. Very Rude Customer service staff would be looking for excuses to not to take on any claim at all. Even if they do take on, they will pass on the job to sub contractors, who will be looking for reasons to not to attend the job at all. Had such silly reasons from customer services and sub contractors to not to attend emergency break down at all. Even if you are lucky and engineer would come to your house however he will come suited booted and wouldn't prefer to get his hands dirty at all. That's not covered, this is not covered. What exactly is bl..... covered for the amount of money I have been paying every month.....nothing.

Completely avoid this company.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure