Used kitchens

Hi folks, I’m considering a new kitchen and have been told that I should be able to sell on my old one! Has anyone any experience of this? Eg where is best to sell from? How to cost it? I’ve never sold stuff online so no idea where to begin:embarasse thanks in advance.

Comments

• spo2
    spo2 Posts: 245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Put it on gumtree with lots of photos. Use the current similar listings as a guide as to price, and be prepared to sell for a lot less that it is listed at
  • Benight
    Benight Posts: 418 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 9 May 2019 at 12:19PM
    Hi folks, I’m considering a new kitchen and have been told that I should be able to sell on my old one! Has anyone any experience of this? Eg where is best to sell from? How to cost it? I’ve never sold stuff online so no idea where to begin:embarasse thanks in advance.

Pop it on eBay. Auction from £1. If people are interested, it will reach it's natural price.
  • gwynlas
    gwynlas Posts: 1,692 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    It is probably better to have buyer remove once paid for so thay any damaged units are their responsibility unless you have a good tradesman who will take care during removal and good clean and dry storage whilst waiting for sale.
  • joefizz
    joefizz Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    gumtree.
    As for pricing. I was looking for one a couple of years ago but it was to kit out my garage so didnt need to be in any decent condition, some people were looking 2/3 new which is ridiculous anyway and some were just happy to see it go and not pay for a skip, so it depends really on who is looking and what they want it for rather than what you think its worth.

Better to get something for it than it to be skipped.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Facebook marketplace - free and seems to be peoples go to place these days.

I've sold items from £5 to £15,995 on it so far. I've seen kitchens on there too.

I wouldn't recommend an Ebay auction unless you're happy that it might sell for £1 or are happy paying for a reserve price.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure