Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Comments

• Morning :hello:
    Isn't it amazing what a difference a good night of sleep can make? I made my list last night, went to bed and woke up feeling rested this morning. :j Made myself a cuppa and then have started on the list - its been quite productive considering I've only been up for 3 hours... 1 load of washing done and the next one in. Rubbish and recycling out, cats fed and litter trays cleaned, dishes washed, new microwave unpacked and the old one put out, plus I've made a big pan of celeriac soup from my veggie box. And on top of that - I've also finished my exam marking and written a report to my team leader. It feels like loads. :D
    I'm off out tutoring in a few minutes, then going to my mam's after that for my fortnightly catch up. Then there's not loads left to do - a few things for school tomorrow, a bit of tidying up and washing to put away. And I'm really hopeful that I might get my latest blanket finished tonight - just 1 round to go and loads of ends to sew in. We'll see.
  • Wow, that is impressive in 3 hours. Have a great day!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Get you! on a roll.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Oh money savers forgive me for I have committed a terrible sin.
    I have booked another holiday for me and the kids. :eek: I have traded in my 5 days in the Lake District for a week all inclusive in Bulgaria. :eek: It was a half considered decision in terms of how much exam marking I've done, how much I have agreed to over the summer, and the fact that I kind of feel I deserve a bit of quality time. We all enjoyed the Canaries so much we decided that we'd like to do it again. On the money saving side of it, I went through TCB and earned £54, plus saved £250 by choosing a different flight time. The lady in the classroom next door to me is Bulgarian so I will be nagging her non stop for the next 4 months. Apparently it is very cheap there... so fingers crossed it will be fun.
    I have a lot of guilt about this decision, always feel as though I don't deserve the good stuff but actually maybe I do.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Don't feel guilty CCL. You and the kids have been through a really rough time, and it will be great to make memories together before they are too old to want to go on holiday with you. I bet they are excited! Hope you all have a great time :)
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    I am not sure I am qualified to forgive you, but I can definitely be jealous as all hell!:rotfl:.
    You need to have something to look forward to. That is what I am lacking. If it gives you focus, and stops you getting upset about working crazy hours all the time during exam season, then do it. All inclusive means you won't go crazy on spending money all the time. This is the bit where all those lessons in budgeting and scrimping comes in handy.

How are you coping now you have your 'divorce costs loan' and you are living on your real salary? Is it all doable? If the answer is yes, and you can still afford a holiday, then you do not need to ask forgiveness for anything, and you need to open a savings account for holidays and fun stuff, so you can pay for it up front and there is no guilt involved. Still jealous though -can you forgive me?
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******

• I have a lot of guilt about this decision, always feel as though I don't deserve the good stuff but actually maybe I do.

You absolutely do!!

Have you told the kids? Are they excited?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,117 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I think you have made the right decision :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hello :D
    Thank you all for being so understanding. I still feel as though I've been a bit naughty and done something I shouldn't, but I will definitely have enough exam money left to pay for it. I'm having my exam money paid into a separate account and just trying to live on my salary at the moment. It's definitely doable since the loan f0xh0les - I'm actually still in credit at the bank and it's over a week until payday. The loan just makes everything feel a bit better financially and I can balance the books with a bit left over. It seems naughty being in debt and having a holiday but I have the debt under control, and I'm very aware that in a couple of years dd will not want to holiday with her boring old mother at all. And I'm not getting into more debt paying for the holiday... The kids do know that we're going - they chose the hotel (waterpark included so they will be entertained while I relax all day). Only 4 months away as well - that will go by in no time.
    Today has been a strange day so far. I'm very tired, and already noticing the negative effect on my mood. Work is hard, as it has been for weeks now and Easter seems like ages away. Plus another birthday is looming and that is scary indeed. My head of department is off sick at the moment and me and the other lead in the department are having a bit of a job keeping things going. However, it's no worse than when he's here - just he's not shouldering any of it.
    Going out after school tonight for dinner at a friend's place so will be late home again. Looking forward to an early night.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Home for the night, after a tutoring session - more money into the holiday savings pot.
    I've also made the decision that I'd better make the effort to get back on the diet wagon sooner rather than later. It would be good if I could drop another dress size before the holiday. And it doesn't take a massive effort to be healthy, just a bit of thought and preparation.
    Had a little walk around the park with my friend before we had dinner at hers (chicken curry :p) so I've done a little bit of activity for the day at least. Now settled in front of the telly, absolutely desperate to get this last bit of sewing ends in done...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure