the-saleroom auction houses let compnay to sdale fake rolex

Options
the online platform THE-SALEROOM let COMPNAY TO REGISTER AND SALE FAKE ROLEX PART ON THE WEB, you buy from them and you dont get any help, report was done and they found fake parts on the rolex and was imposoble to get my money back, the saleroom did not help

[FONT=&quot]the company selling those rolex is
Clowes Nash Auctions Ltd well know at CNA-LTD THE GOT DIFFERENT NAME TO CARRION WITH THE cam

sale fake Rolex and parts on the web, you need to pay for the lots and after imposable to get any money back, i did lost about £3000 and the-saleroom dont help me with nothing[/FONT]

Comments

• dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    If it was an auction then you didn't buy it from them, you bought it from whoever the seller was and it's them you need to pursue.

Sounds like it may have been repaired with third party parts rather than being fake? Was it advertised as being 100% original parts?
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 14 March 2019 at 8:49PM
    Options
    dj1471 wrote: »
    If it was an auction then you didn't buy it from them, you bought it from whoever the seller was and it's them you need to pursue.
    I can't quite unravel all the OP has written. Even if the salerooms aren't the vendor they have a responsibility to describe the goods they sell correctly.

I'd suggest the OP contacts Trading Standards via his local council.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So its a genuine Rolex but with aftermarket parts?

Did the description say none of the internal parts have been replaced with non original parts?

2 companies listed appear to be different companies, so which one did you deal with?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't most auction houses allow for you to request more detailed information if requested?
    Buyer beware.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Don't most auction houses allow for you to request more detailed information if requested?
    Buyer beware.
    It depends. This could have been an offline auction that had online bidding. In that case the goods would have been viewable. You can always ask.
    I've been around the auction industry for a long time and I wouldn't buy something like a Rolex from the most reputable auction house without any kind of authentication and even then I'd be ultra wary.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure