<<<out of cheese error>>>

Comments

• Thanks Cumbria, I've just had a quick google and they all do 50% off your first box. I've done HF before, and quite liked them but they are very expensive without the discount so I will look at the others. What I found difficult last time was picking three meals that we would actually choose to eat, I'm bad enough at eating without starting off from my pathetic and annoying child like reaction of yuck I'm not eating that.

Today I need to tidy out the fridge, and get the kitchen back to tidy which would be a start!
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hi redo, hope you manage to get some rest this weekend as well as some cleaning done.

We tried the simply cook recipe boxes on an offer a few months ago & found most of the recipes really good. We're actually thinking of doing it again for a bit as stuck in a rut with food/recipes just now. I'm sure there will be offers/discount vouchers to be had. :)

Have to laugh at the rubbish cat street fighters. My two don't get out as old cat would be bullied & big cat would be fighting the whole street. :eek:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • I'll have a look at those too, thanks Sashybo. My sister really rated them too, and she is just as odd as me.

HF publish their recipe cards on their website too, quite good for inspiration as it is whole meals rather than having to think about side dishes.

I just got round to downloading the MrM app, 500 points for doing so and then it gave me some new offers including 3000 points on a £30 spend which might stack with the paper vouchers. I doubt I will have time to go in before it expires though, another busy week coming up.
  • I actually cooked yesterday :cool:

Lamb balti with a small bit of (reduced) neck fillet. It went nice and tender far faster than leg or shoulder cubes so I will keep an eye out for it in the future.
    Chicken curry
    Lentil dhal
    And the new obsession of the month, oven baked rice with bits in. Variations on this recipe, I reduce the butter and added peas and turmeric this time.

Lots of leftovers frozen into meals.

I also made some roasted chickpeas for snacking but the boy ate all of them :)
  • Ooh neck fillet is a lovely cut and also excellent for lamb and veggie skewers with halloumi and red peppers maybe? All your meals sound lovely.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Well done on all the cooking. Can you teach the boy to make roasted chickpeas so he can restock your snacks?
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Oven baked rice is fab :) Keep meaning to try roast chickpeas now they're free on WW, I love chickpeas.

I've never tried the recipe boxes, have often been tempted though.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Poor fluffster :( I like the idea of a recipe box a lot! Let us know which one you used and if it was any good! I worry that I'd end up being too picky and/ or getting home and not being bothered to cook and wasting it.

I'm with you on not liking cities so much anymore. I never minded until I moved away and now I find the people and the noise quite overwhelming sometimes.
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • Lucifa73
    Lucifa73 Posts: 7,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 October 2018 at 11:47AM
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Oven baked rice is fab :) Keep meaning to try roast chickpeas now they're free on WW, I love chickpeas.

If you use tinned chickpeas keep the water to make meringue - I tried it because my Mum is allergic to eggs and hasn't had meringue for c50years!!! (She cried happy tears.) It was good enough that my OH had 2 helpings! Clearly the sugar content is not WW friendly really but almost free desserts can't be all bad?

Also, one of my friends made pancakes with the chickpea water and her OH couldn't tell they weren't made with egg. There's a load of recipes online for using aqua faba instead of eggs.
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    28.1.19/28.1.19 Hubs 0% £400/£2,977 =13.44%
    SPC 2019 #073

• lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    How do you roast your chickpeas? I'm an absolute culinary mess but that sounds v. v. tasty!
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure