UC and New Job with Variable Hours

Hi, I started a new job on 10th June and am due my first pay on 23rd July, already put the change of circumstances on my account. I am contracted 16 hours but actually work different hours every week, so far between 16 and 35 hours.

How do I update my different pay amounts every month? I've read everything from I need to update my online account to I need to phone monthly to I need to phone the first month and then it will be done automatically. Can anyone clarify how this should be done? Thanks.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    If you are an employee your employer should report your earnings each month to HMRC. HMRC in turn then provide this information to DWP who use it to calculate your UC entitlement. You shouldn't have to supply the information yourself - but obviously you should check each month the information DWP have used is correct.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • slashlover
    slashlover Posts: 51 Forumite
    Thanks, I'll check my online account for the next payment I'm due once it's updated.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    With UC it is sensible to check your online account regularly anyway in case DWP post anything that requires you to act.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure