No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries September 2018

Comments

• UU
    Superdrug cherry scrub
    Superdrug Vitamin e make up remover 200ml
    Garnier make up remover 400ml
    Kath Kidson body lotion mini

TA
    OKeeffes lip balm - think I’m having a reaction to this, oddly, and I don’t like the unscented taste

IN
    Neal’s Yard shampoo
    Neal’s Yard lip balm

I’m increasingly concerned about my mid sept Out goal in preparation for my move :eek:
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    TA - A small bottle of TBS White Muske Perfume - The scent is too strong. I have tried to UU this several times but i cannot just stand the scent. Also, Infallible Compact Powder. Has been open too long and cannot see myself completely finishing this. I think it has gone off a bit too.
    ally.
  • savingfortomorrow
    savingfortomorrow Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 September 2018 at 9:48PM
    long time no posting. I have not added much to the stash but i have not used up a great deal.

i finished sunday reilly good genes. I was amazed when trying to open the lid to decant the remainder. It contained a plastic bag that really was deceptive as it looked so much more full. wnba as it was over hypered and didn't do more than other acid moisturizers.

shower gel
    elizabeth arden viable difference toner
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Another UU: 50ml tub of Boots Extracts Coconut body butter. Emma left this behind. It had been used already. Finished it off on MRM's feet. Don't think I'll have any more UUs this week.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 September 2018 at 10:31AM
    One UU this morning:

Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Shampoo + Conditioner sample WMBA, I'm a bit undecided on this. I'll see how I feel after I've dried my hair.

Update:

After drying my hair this does live up to the claim of helping control frizz, and my hair feels quite nice. If I'm in a treat myself mood, I might purchase this as an occasional treat.
  • Wow, once you take stock of the products you buy you realise how long they last. Haven't used up anything in ages.

Have three ins from Nip and Fab:

2 x Kale fix protecting shot. Thought I didn't really need serum but have noticed my skin looking a bit dull. Might be change of weather but this was on sale and wanted to see what the fuss was about.

1 x Kale dry skin fix make up remover

Other in:
    Derby stainless razors
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    TA: Tube of Holland & Barrett Aloe Vera Gel. I think I've owned this for at least 10 years and, understandably, it was past it's best! Did try smothering it on MRM's feet though.

Yesterday, bought a bottle of Dove body lotion from Boots with AP and off the clearance shelf for £2.50. This is for MRM's feet.

My order from Nail Polish Direct arrived yesterday. So I have Essie Starter Scrub and 3 x new nail polish INs. Stupidly, ordered 2 of the same colour so will need to return one.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    A few INs today:

REN Rosa Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser 100ml
    REN & Now To Sleep Pillow Spray 10ml sample
    REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream 15ml sample
    REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Gel 25ml sample

I bought the new REN Cleanser when it was released the other week, it sounds good. And I got a few decent sized samples in my order. Plus I got two muslin cloths to use with the cleanser, and a cute wash bag to go with everything.
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Another IN to test :p - deodorant. Smells nice, will try tomorrow :)
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Have three ins from Nip and Fab:

2 x Kale fix protecting shot. Thought I didn't really need serum but have noticed my skin looking a bit dull. Might be change of weather but this was on sale and wanted to see what the fuss was about.
    [/B]

My order also arrived and I used this for the first time today. Along with the Glycolic Radiance Shot. My skin definitely looks better today. :p

I have UU'ed a shower gel and will be replacing it with another from the stash.
    Also UU Clarins Multi-Active Night Cream - I like this but the fragrance puts me off. I have ordered a night cream from Clinique also Take The Day Off Make-Up Remover. There is a good GWP offer atm....Will declare when it arrives.
    ally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport